I just heard about this sale.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Insider, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

brg5658, posted: :hilarious:

Is that all CT members get?

PS guys, when this challenge is not answered I'm going to post a World Coin GTG in that forum. I'll let you know. World coins are only hard to grade because they are not familiar and the standards are a little different across the pond BUT if you play, you'll be surprised at how good you are.

EDIT: I will have someone else image the entire coin. ;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Lehigh96 and longshot like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

@Insider or anyone else...this is the only ICG world coin I've recently owned (now sold). I thought the grade was acceptable (and I liked the coin-that is why I bought it).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Pickin and Grinin, Insider and wxcoin like this.
  4. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Back on topic, I'm a stock market dolt, but I don't understand how it's trading at 76.38 when the deal is for 75.25.

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I think a craps term would explain it best, it's called - betting on the come.

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

There are a couple of different outcomes that could affect the price:

1. If there is some chance for negotiation, the market might be gambling that the final price might be higher. Someone might have a counteroffer (so, in this scenario, the initial announcement was $75, but negotiations between concerned parties might end up with $80).

2. If there is a chance for some other group to make a competing offer at a higher price. This is the idea of a bidding war - Nat Turner and gang offered $75, but Nat King Cole might offer $85.

Both of these are relatively unlikely, especially for this sale, but there's a chance.

7. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I guess it's the "definitive agreement" part in the posted article that confuses me. It sounds like a done deal. Shareholders are supposedly getting "a premium of approximately 30% over the Company’s 60-day volume-weighted average price" at $75.25, but if you're buying at $76.38, what are you hoping for?

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

A loss and corresponding tax deduction?

9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The sale is several weeks away, you don't have to hold it until the sale

10. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

11. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted