I just called CSN (coin shopping network)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TheNoost, Jun 29, 2009.

1. biggiej

biggiej Member

due to the fact that I am disabled and am not able to get out, I rely almost entirely on the internet and these kind of shows to see and purchase coins. Unfortunately I saw the Coin Vault before i saw CT, I have made one purchase from them and I am not that upset about it though I know it is over priced.
    I got on their auto receive for the 2009 lincoln cents. For $29.95 I get an NGC certified penny from each mint along with a roll from each mint. Not the best deal but live and learn, I flip back and forth between coin vault and CSN when they are on at the same time to see who has the biggest rippoff of the night going:kewl:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

And then you hear it again and again and again. There is a commercial about Windows where the guy says all the time Hurry, this sale ends soon. So far it never has for years now. Sort of like the stores that go out of buisness for years.
    As to TV being live. My Son had a job in small TV station. One of the many, many jobs that had nothing to do with his college education, and he too said nothing was really broadcast LIVE. Everything has to be pre-recorded for safety purposes. Some have that time delay so they can drop you if you say the wrong thing, but still not many are even closes to LIVE today.
    I too have watched that HSN stuff on occation and it really makes me want to go out and spend money on something at Walmart.

4. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

Yep. When they sell the 1968-1998 (or whatever dates) proof sets, they always say how INCREDIBLY HARD it is to get these sets. But then they are selling them every show for the next 2 months. How hard is it, exactly?

Joe

5. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

I've got DirecTV and at times, there are 3 different channels selling coins at the same time.

Saw a good one the other night. They were selling the new 2009 Lincoln cent proof set. They had been sent in and graded by NGC. All four coins received a PF70.

Sale price..........$700!! I have no doubt people were buying them. They sell between 50 to 70 each on ebay (still outrageous) every day. One set just went for 300.00. All these people will be sadly disappointed some day when they find out exactly how many of these exist!

6. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

Same here, it's like a comedy starring the knife collector guys trying to sell coins... however I must admit I HAVE ordered once before (to much Heine!) and got the "$99 mystery box"... Stone Mountain commem (ok grade), 83 proof set, Omaha Bank Hoard PCGS 60's dime, roll of wheaties, afew other ods and ends, and my favorite... wait for it....
    24K GOLD PLATED WESTWARD JOURNEY NICKEL SET! (fave)
    The best show is "Jimmy the Treasure Hunter" guy; holy smokes that show makes me feel like my coins are worth millions.
    Poor sheeple falling into their traps and gimmicks

Draft saved Draft deleted