I haven't done a contest in 2.5 years - Name this "coin"

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Bedford, Feb 26, 2013.

1. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

I was finally able to translate the legend. It says PMDHCATET II.
    For those that can't read Latin, it means post mint damaged harshly cleaned artificially toned extra terrestial, the second.

My son would probably love the mystery box.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It must be a Morgan silver dollar. The eagle on the reverse leans to the left....viewer's perspective....or leans to the right....eagle's perspective.

Chris

4. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

This was a cast off ruminate that was found from the recent meteor that passed by earth last month. It is a symbol of the beings that will arrive when planet X enters our solar system in the near future. It is acknowledgement that ET’s will arrive in our lifetime.

I always like a mystery which would be my choose of prize.

5. c10ck3r

c10ck3r Member

OP: I'm almost certain of what it ACTUALLY is- should I PM you to let others keep entertaining us?

6. c10ck3r

c10ck3r Member

It (actually) is a hobo'd medallion of Antinous with an alien carved into it.
    My entry: New World Order coin, bearing the image of our future Draconian leader, Paul. It is equal in value to 15 minutes of one's life, as time will be the currency under our reptillian leaders.
    ASE?

7. John14

John14 Active Member

See post 64 & 65.

8. c10ck3r

c10ck3r Member

Neither mentions the original medium.

9. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

Clue - 91.37 now that's fast ...

10. Bedford

Post it -

11. theSharpGun

theSharpGun The King

I would call it ET's Self Portrait on a Hobo Nickel :D
    Oh and I saw this and thought that you might like the laugh

9190172.jpg

Mystery Box has piqued my interest :)
    and thanks for the contest!

12. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

Is the winner announced tonight at 10 (today is the 2nd) or Sunday at 10? Just curious because the original post states Sunday march 2nd. Thanks in advance Bedford!

13. Bedford

Sorry for the confusion- I did mean Sunday March 3rd .

14. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

Thanks Bedford

15. 74Teen

74Teen Member

Ummm... Strike the unobtanium - I meant to say Cavorite. 'With the current sky high price of Cavorite and the condition of the piece itself, it's probably only worth melt.'

And forgot to specify - Eagle, hopefully you're an HG Wells fan...

16. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

I'm telling ya, the image on your coin and this coin could be twins. Although, the alien on your coin might be insulted by the comparison.

[​IMG]

17. DaveyJones

DaveyJones Member

Rare unphotoshopped picture of Madonna

ASE :)

madonna_0.jpg

Contest_zps3bca13ae.jpg

18. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The "Adrianeon Alien" from reading the legend on the piece. Must be akin to the "Flying Saucer" medallion from the 17th century.

19. DClayville

DClayville Member

A rare example of Overlord Big Bad Alien Mama Jamma.

ASE

20. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

It is not a coin at all, it is a novelty token that was made to order from a picture of my high school girlfriend. WOOF !!! :eek:

Mystery box

21. The Beatles

The Beatles Member

This coin is a very common currency on the moon Endor. Its backstory:
    Back in 3210 (Years are quicker on this moon), when Zorgan was still the emperor of Endor, a rebellion had started. The people of Endor found that their emperor was beginning to transform into a dictator. The people, wanting to eradicate Zorgan's position, set a massive chain of events into place.
    First, the people had to allow the emperor to trust them. This part was simple. Many of the men that worked with Zorgan were part of the rebellion and could easily come into contact with him. They were his "friends." This allowed for the foundation of the plan to be set.
    Next, the potato famine of 2716 must again make a comeback. This was a horrible 17 years in Endor's timeline that ended with the death of more than one third of Endor's population. During this time, almost all potatoes on this moon suffered from a virus now known as "Gangnam Syndrome." When the potatoes gained this virus, they would seem to do an interesting dance before falling over, dead. It was highly contagious. Some of the farmers even claim to have seen fields of potatoes dancing to a rhythm, almost like a wave. Anyhow, let's get back on track.The farmers will have to intentionally inject their crops with the virus. This will give them a reason to feed the emperor in smaller and smaller portions, simply to make him weak. The people aren't idiots though; they'll have their own crops set aside to eat until the emperor is done with.
    Third, the main part of the plan is to be put to the test. Seven of Zorgan's "friends" interrupt his meeting with Rich Uncle Pennybags, the owner of the Monopoly franchise. They are to explain to him that there is a problem in sector 13, a part of Endor that rarely has trouble. He should follow, the "friends" will abduct him and place him on a small shuttle. Due to him being weak, his struggling will not be a problem.
    Lastly, the shuttle is to be shipped off to Theia. Theia was a planet that actually used to revolve around our Sun, before it itself crashed into Earth. This was the entire plan to get rid of Zorgan.
    On July 4th, 3212, two years after the beginning of the rebellion, the plan was put into action. It worked with 100% accuracy. Even Rich Uncle Pennybags didn't seem to mind about the interruption of his meeting. He simply smiled and waved as Zorgan followed his "friends."
    Not long after the success of the rebellion, the mastermind behind the plan stepped out into public. Nobody knew who the man was, nor could they ever figure it out, for the Endorian (a person of Endor) always wore something to cover his face. He was only ever known by his spurious name, Detecto. The Endorians praised Detecto for getting rid of the evil Zorgan. They liked him so much that they wanted to name him the ruler of their moon, and even wanted to put his picture onto their coinage.
    Detecto enjoyed that the people of Endor wanted him to become their ruler, but he declined the offer, for he wanted to stay a respected Endorian. He did, however, accept that his picture be put onto the coinage. Surprisingly, he would only allow the picture to be of him in a mask.
    Within a month, Detecto disappeared. He was never heard of again.

The coin you have is from the moon Endor. The picture is of the great and valiant Detecto wearing his mask. The wording around him states, "The brave and respected Detecto- 3212- Fifteen Cents"

The reverse of this coin is what I find to be the most interesting. It depicts a picture of Julius Pringles, the owner of the Pringles franchise (who looks an awful lot like Rich Uncle Pennybags), waving to a shuttle that is in the air. It is said to be the shuttle that carried away Zorgan.

If my story is chosen, I would prefer the ASE! Always loved them!

Draft saved Draft deleted