I haven't done a contest in 2.5 years - Name this "coin"

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Bedford, Feb 26, 2013.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shades of 'Jazz Joe'.......the second (or third or fourth) coming?

Edit to add: If I win (which is highly unlikely) I choose the cat box, er, um, uh....mystery box. :devil:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Box of halves... no silver again just a bunch of marked coins. Where do all these marked coins come from anyway?

ase

4. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

5. green18

Shoot. Thought I was on to something.....:)

6. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

Ken , I've always thought you were "on something"

7. green18

Shoot Jason. I'm clean as a whistle......except for a bourbon or two.......:devil:

8. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

An ancient brothel token. There was only one and it was never redeemed.

Mystery box if I win.

9. An unpopular design proposal to replace the Variety 1 SLQ's. This one still had the issue of Liberty's exposed breast, but that was the least of the public's worries...

10. therocktjb

therocktjb Wait, what**

That's Marvin the Martian's lucky coin, being in your possession explains why he could never get a hold of Bugs Bunny!

ASE if I win.

11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Name of that coin is (ET's Revenge) Thanks for the contest!!

12. lotusboyrulz

lotusboyrulz Member

i need to "phone home" all i have is my native currency.
    the coin is ET's home currency.

13. thumper106

thumper106 New Member

This is what the aliens paid the egyptians with so they could build their pyrimid garages in the deserted so they didnt have to park in the sun. NA-NU NA NU I WANT THE MYSTERY BOX CAUSE THE COIN IS A MYSTERY :confused:

14. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Inside look in the Hollywood wardrobe room.

15. ebunny

ebunny Member

PCGS-graded MS 65 Spooky-Scully Millennium Coin

This coin was discovered in 2011 among the late Col. Muammar Qaddafi's possessions when they were seized by the National Transitional Council of Libya. Col. Qaddafi's eldest son, Saif al-Islam Qaddafi, testified that his father obtained the coin from an unspecified source in A.D. 2000.

Under an agreement with the U.S. government, the National Transitional Council of Libya handed the coin to the F.B.I. for further investigation. F.B.I. Assistant Director Walter Skinner realized that it would require the skill of an agent familiar with extraterrestrials to handle the coin. Not having much of a choice, he is forced to enlist the assistance of fugitive F.B.I. Special Agents 'Spooky' Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

After considerable effort, Skinner managed to trace and contact Mulder and Scully. Skinner agreed to press for the charges against them to be dropped if they help the F.B.I. transport the above coin to the U.S.

When transporting the coin, 'Spooky' and Scully were abducted by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards under orders from Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei, who firmly believed that the coin was a gift to Haroun el-Rashid of the Abbasid Dynasty of Persia by a special guest who visited Baghdad during the Eighth Century A.D.

The F.B.I. Special Agents with their special consignment were taken to Tehran; the agents were detained and the coin seized by the Iranians.

'Spooky' and Scully managed to escape with the coin from their Iranian captors. They eventually made it back to the U.S. with the coin.

The F.B.I. tested the coin for, among other things, radiation, chemical, biological and bio-chemical activity, but the tests proved negative.

The coin was submitted to P.C.G.S. for grading and came back MS-65.

The coin was named 'Spooky-Scully Millennium' in recognition of the F.B.I. Special Agents who helped to transport it to the U.S.

At the moment, the coin is in a special vault in an undisclosed location in the U.S.

Grand Ayatollah Khamenei has not given up hopes of seizing the coin yet.

The charges against 'Spooky' Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are being re-considered by the Obama Administration.

However, the F.B.I. Special Agents now face charges in Iran -- illegal possession of an Iranian National Treasure, consumption of alcohol on Iranian soil and insulting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran. Special Agent Scully also faces an additional charge of refusing to put on a headscarf in Tehran.

Thanks for the contest, Bedford!

The 2013 1-oz. American Silver Eagle for me, please, if I win.

[The above story would probably never have made it to The Book of One Thousand and One Nights or the Bayt al-Hikma [House of Wisdom], but it is copyrighted anyway. If Chris Carter or anybody from the 'X-Files' is reading this, you can P.M. me to discuss my Creator's Fee anytime.
    :smile]

Spooky Fox.jpg Dana Scully.jpg

16. loose change found by the Mars Rover!

mystery. great contest, thanks much

17. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

Ebunny I'm currently hooked on x files and loved your post involving them lol.

18. Outlaw

Outlaw Senior Member

We have had VISITORS from who knows where but one day maybe we well leave one for some one else some where else so they can have a contest about it ,every body have a GREAT day

19. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

The designers didn't realize the portrait was supposed to be from Before he died.

Mystery box

Thanks for the contest

20. ebunny

ebunny Member

Gunnovice09, thanks!

The Truth Is Out There.:D

21. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

It's the prototype they used to make the Susan B Anthony coin

mystery box

Thanks for the contest

Draft saved Draft deleted