I have something to admit to you all……..

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Eric Babula, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Eric Babula

Eric Babula Active Member

Searching for semi-key/keys....where do you stop? Just those? Look for DDs? Errors? VAMs? Do I search thru the 20+ lbs of Wheaties for the same? Lots of time there! Maybe I wait till retirement, and spend my days searching through all of this stuff? On the one hand, I feel like just selling it all for whatever, and hoping someone finds something of value. On the other, I want to be the one to find something of value from my hoard! LOL!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I've hoarded since the 70s too.
    My dad has always saved his change too. Though about 10 years ago now one of the couple large water jugs, whilst moving it, broke. He ended up mostly just dumping it at the bank. ugh ....

Anyways, the one thing I've noticed is my original intentions was to search them in the future when I know more and can quickly categorize and sort them. But as I get older my eyes also ... well .. get older too. and that original "concept" of "quickly" looks more like super slowly. lol So I have a slow process where I separate cents, etc in certain containers but I've never actually looked at them. Though all my nickels & dimes are all just poured into plastic ammo boxes .. that I may get to sooner or later.

The one saving grace, in my will and written on pieces of paper in locations I identify all this "hoard" as simply change so it doesn't drive my kids nuts. As my "collection" is identified and inventoried as such.

Draft saved Draft deleted