I have never seen such a Beautiful nickle before this one here. Seems magical in its own way.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Barbia, Dec 7, 2019.

1. simply breath taking! LOL

Islander80-83 and PlanoSteve like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Reminds me of the "ugly baby" Seinfeld episode.

Islander80-83 and PlanoSteve like this.
  4. Barbia

Barbia New Member

Oh yes, I have. But the thing that intrigued me mostly was the mysterious look, that makes Jefferson's house ( The Monticello)
    Look like an oil painting that I would consider painting and hanging on my wall.
    I've seen similar ones that were online but never have I had one myself.
    On the adverse of this particular nickle , there seems to be a bird on Jefferson's eyebrow. That's comical to say the least.
    Just a coin I like a lot..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  5. Barbia

Barbia New Member

No it's a bit dirty..
    Just has a lot of patina.
    Would make a cool oil painting.

6. Barbia

Barbia New Member

"Surprise.." I'm just an artist.
    I guess artists and numistatic's fall in the same category in a way.
    Artistic.

7. Barbia

Barbia New Member

When studying this coin I see a lot of different images. It's hard to show in a picture. But what I am seeing is just artistic. Like an oil painting.
    It's the patina...

8. Barbia

Barbia New Member

Thank you..I suppose you would have to appreciate art to fully understand my meaning.. "You have that eye."

9. Barbia

Barbia New Member

They can be mysterious..

10. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Artistic inspiration comes from different places for different people. My son is an art major in college and he receives inspiration from grand landscapes. If you see inspiration from coins I guess that makes you a artistic numismatist, good for you! Keep on collecting and painting.

Reed.

11. Barbia

Barbia New Member

I am also inspired by landscape.. looks like a natural landscape in this coin. Just so neat.. I am intrigued in the beauty of the coin. Thanks for that reply.

12. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

13. Barbia

Barbia New Member

You have to have it in your hands to see the real meaning of what I am trying to show.

14. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

I bought my first corvette in 1988 too, it's a 1978 and I still have it (a love of mine that's still magical) among other collectibles. I agree with you on the nickel. :bookworm:

15. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

It would be cool if you could draw a picture of what you see as an artist and what you want to express in relation to the coin, like the "banana and duct tape" that recently sold for over $200,000 (I didn't understand that) but each to his own.

MontCollector likes this.
  16. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I no longer have that beautiful '88 convertible...passed it along for others to enjoy...but I wish I still had it! :D;)

MontCollector and Chuck_A like this.
  17. royster

royster southroy

Hey i was just curious about his opinion on that particular coin? Did ya notice not trying to be rude? But it sure brought some beautiful one's folks on here have shared! Really like Barbies and Mr.Sanderson and
    s!

RonSanderson likes this.
  18. royster and RonSanderson like this.
  19. royster

royster southroy

Those are Great looking coins and a very interesting presentation!!:rolleyes: Fantastic job:)

20. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

I do not know if it is true or not, but I read somewhere that someone at the gallery actually grabbed the banana off the wall and ate it.

I have a 1988 Vette sitting in my garage. Love driving it. There are some great scenic roads around here with a lot of open spaces and corners to have fun with. Just gotta watch out for the deer and elk.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  21. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

That's actually true, but it was orchestrated/scripted...the artist basically said the banana was a/the replaceable part of the "art". Whatever...:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted