I have a question.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Way, Jan 22, 2021.

1. halfcent1793

halfcent1793 Well-Known Member

Definitely, the pictures are of two different sets.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. usmc 6123

usmc 6123 Active Member

WWhat buy it now for that price.If it is bogus no big loss. Never mind it's a big scam don't buy.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

He had to mislead us from stealing it from him... :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  5. Kentucky

This is a real ebay listing. The OP just brought it to our attention.

6. Kentucky

but but but it is $25...go to the link and you can buy it for yourself.

7. Kentucky

you're just jealous

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. Way

Way Active Member

Wow thats awsome I mean not about what happened to your grandma i mean that you know that about your family, the only thing i was told is that my great grandpa made the first ever cotton packer but never got it patented idk how tru it is but now that I think about it my family hadnt ever owned a cotton field that i know of.

Kentucky likes this.
  9. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

If that set truly had a mule Kennedy / Franklin half dollar in it, it would have made the news in Coin World in 1964 or 1965. Most collectors back then (me to) would have noticed it right away. It would not be just discovered now. I see picture errors like the ones shown all the time. I've even seen them in Heritage's Auction catalogs. If you see something questionable like that, you should contact the dealer. If it was real it would be super rare and wouldn't be on EBAY. That's the first red flag. It's simple picture error no more.

10. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

WHY are we entertaining this member. If you read through the posts, first it is down the street then it is somewhere else. IT IS ALL ENTIRELY B.S. IF he had this or could post a pic that would be something else. right now it is just as I mentioned earlier.
    Total BS and wasting our time.
    Phil

Two Dogs likes this.
  11. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

With the privacy that eBay now has in place you can't contact a buyer of someone else's items. Years ago that was possible, not now.

12. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I agree. I think we all just wasted a few minutes of our lives that we'll never get back.

13. Mary Pampu

Mary Pampu New Member

Sadly, I can see why he posted as he has. It seams that unless someone else has found the "same" coin it can't exist. I also have some coins I haven't attempted to post thinking first sight you'd shoot it down if it wasn't already listed. Also, this site has been suggested by many to learn more and some comments aren't very encouraging if not rude. Just saying. I like this site and learn more all the time.

14. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Bet your right arm it's not...in fact I'll bet mine, and I'm no error expert.

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Don't lose hope Mary. There are some newer members who have been trolling every post since they got here and seem to think they know everything. They don't and neither do most of us. We are all learning something new even if we have been at this for 50 years or more. And there are some who just give short answers, it's their nature but they are not trying to be rude. Please do sort them out. Most of us have a lot to give but a choice few are very ignorant and can make a mess out of any post.

Mary Pampu likes this.
  16. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I owed a mule once. I sold it because it cost too much to feed.

John Skelton and Martha Lynn like this.
  17. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Thanks.
    I'm fortunate, one of my Uncles on the same side, did tons of research on the family when I was younger, but it didn't really interest me at the time (short-sided mind of youth). He wrote a book and had it published for the family. I have a copy today. My son got interested and started doing his own research and discovered that one of my distant relatives served along side Geo. Washington and was a survivor of the Revolutionary War. This is referenced in his book.

18. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

I have to admit I scrolled back and forth looking at this then busted out laughing. Thanks MIguy, I needed that.

19. Southernman189

I have to admit I scrolled back and forth looking at this then busted out laughing. Thanks MIguy, I needed that.

20. Southernman189

21. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

@SensibleSal66. Why are you blocking PMs? Or, are just certain members blocked>

SensibleSal66 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted