I have a question.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Way, Jan 22, 2021.

1. silver person

silver person New Member

Looks like two different mint sets. Look how things line up.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but this is the most ridiculous post I've seen on here. Sounds like someone is pulling our legs. Again, just my opinion and if anyone finds it offensive, just forget it.

Sley likes this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

In all fairness..... I have goofed posting here on CT and posted an incorrect reverse image of a coin I was talking about. It is an easy mistake to make.

Kentucky, Sley and ldhair like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Did that a few times myself. Did it a time or two just to be evil and see who would catch it. ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Lueds and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  6. Way

Way Active Member

We have th same last name

7. Way

Way Active Member

Well in my defense, well I hv no defense he would haave got me if it wasnt for yall. I kind of feel vulnerable almost a little bit. But I think I'm going to redeem myself on the next post. I hope.

Kentucky likes this.
  8. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

How would he have got you? The melt value alone on that set is higher than $15. Again, he probably accidentally posted the wrong pic. I would buy that for $15 all day long!

9. Sley

Sley Active Member

I thought Proof sets didn't sell for much at all. I grew up with about 18 of them. Which ones are worth the most. I have a 1958, 63, and many 70s SF

10. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

The newer sets without pm's not so much. The 64 set has a half,dime and quarter in it that are 90% silver.

Kentucky and Sley like this.
  11. Sley

Sley Active Member

Thanks.

12. Way

Way Active Member

just scroll down all the previous post and you will find it where I explained that

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

East coast or West coast side of the country?

enamel7 likes this.
  14. Way

Way Active Member

West Texas

15. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Oh I understand. It's just that you assumed someone on this forum would undermine you and outbid you on something that most of us knew wasn't possible anyway. Kinda makes it difficult to believe anything going forward.

Kentucky likes this.
  16. Way

Way Active Member

I cant make you believe what I post and honestly it never crossed my mind. However i assure you im not posting on here for any other reason but to positively identify error coins and anything outside of that is a wast of my time.

17. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Waste of time is these posts . I can barely get one or two people to answer my posts . :banghead:

18. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

that ebay link was for MULTIPLE sets.
    So how does one even know what they are buying?

upload_2021-1-25_9-34-37.png

19. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

Reference to proof set. Then to mint set. Define wrapped in plastic please.

20. bikergeek

bikergeek Active Member

OK, quoting myself is probably not good forum etiquette. But I feel like it's useful to repeat myself here. I see posts about this seller - how he might be trying to bait people, or why he might not be deserving of his feedback score. But I prefer to think that he made an error, similar to a thousand errors I myself have made, and I wouldn't want someone to judge my integrity because I mixed up a picture. Hanlon's Razor says, roughly, "never attribute to malice that which is explained by error."

And OP has an "interesting" approach to people that I'm not a big fan of. He came asking for help but couched his request in dishonesty. ON THE OTHER HAND, he spotted something interesting and recognized that it was worth following up on. I think that is an aspect of our hobby that is awesome: even in coins that are decades (or hundreds) of years old, new discoveries are still being made. So credit where credit is due.

</soapbox>

Dialupsux likes this.
  21. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

My fathers family moved across the country during the 1800's. Landed for a time in Ohio, then on to the west coast. I remember my grandmother telling a story about breaking her collar bone when she was 7, a result of falling off the back of the wagon. Most of them ended up in Oregon. I'm now in East Texas

Way likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted