I Have A Lot Of Foreign Coins, and I'm Cheap

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Sam Stone, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Old, fat, bald, gray, ugly, lazy, and married

I have recently become the questionably proud owner of several hundred foreign coins from over 40 countries. The most represented is Canada, of course, but there's also some from each country or province on the accompanying list. I'm finding some are hard to find, some have a little to surprising value, and some are so worthless I need to pay you. I'm trying to list the exact denominations and number of each type,

I hope everyone finds everything they want or need somewhere. Good luck.
    EDITED for B/S/T

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Sam, advertising Buy/Sell/Trade is only allowed in the classified column after 10 normal coin posts. Please read the rules under FORUMS at the top of the page.
    Jim

4. Sam Stone

I need to add there are many that seem to be very high if not proof q
    My apologies. Learning from point zero and I fully accept that I made a mistake. If you have an opportunity, my profile may explain those tendencies, but I don't expect the explanation to substitute as an excuse. Anyway, I appreciate your courtesy.

5. Sam Stone

Another mistake. Thought I explained in profile. Guess I really am as old as my grandkids tell me I am.

6. desertgem

Come on Sam, I am way more than 10 years older than you! You can still learn, don't let any Whippersnapper ( Thought you would like that word :) tell you that. Jim

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Grand Dads rule..........:)

Welcome to the mix and the fray Sam........

Sam Stone and Danomite like this.
  8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

...and that's no malarky...

Sam Stone likes this.
  9. Kentucky

So why not add it to the B/S/T for him...

10. Sam Stone

I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with the various forum "offshoots" as I should be? The deal is, in 2012 (maybe 2013-even doctors couldn't pin it down) God needed to reel my ego back a bit and I had some odd type of stroke. I have always been blessed with fantastic health and mental acuity, but what changed is my ability to learn, to properly assimilate information. I have days when I can discuss heavy physics, but literally can't write or read an entire sentence without confusion taking over. We can't find the trigger and even on my best days I learn new things on par with a kindergarten student's ability. My knowledge doesn't change, once I learn, it sticks, but it can take me days to learn people's names. This has been a horrifying time for my family and myself because I've subsequently had three very serious injuries and we just don't know if they were preventable before I got sick. The worst part is going from an arrogant overachiever to not being able to provide for my family and still having total awareness that they struggle every day.

I didn't intend to take so much of your time, but right now I can think. I won't know until day after tomorrow if I will be coherent tomorrow. My son received a living inheritance (his grandfather wanted to give it to him while he was still alive and healthy), but my son is too busy helping mom pay our bills and going to college. So I'm trying to learn numismatics and hopefully my father in law will never know the difference.

This is a great group here with great people, and I'm pretty sure this won't be my last mistake. You have my word, however, that I will never intentionally let any of you down.

Thanks for your courtesy and the incredible kindness I'm seen all throughout the site. I welcome your directions, but embarrassingly I may need instructions in very small, single syllable words. Thanks again.

11. Sam Stone

BTW, I just realized I may not have directed the book I wrote above to all the appropriate people, so it seems the right thing to do is stop explaining the details so no one will have to see me whining all over the site. My best to all, and if I did mess up (again) I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me make this right.

12. desertgem

Moderators can't add or move any post to the classifieds as that then makes the actual poster responsible and it involves money, so they have to do it in case they or I made errors on pricing or specifics. We can move regular postings to other none classified categories. Jim

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Kentucky

Thanks, Jim. @Sam Stone I was addressing one of the moderators. Sam, you should put this in the B/S/T forum and perhaps someone would want to buy it. Go to the top of the page and select "Forums"...click on the tab and scroll down the list of forums till you get to the "For Sale" forum...click on it and select "Post New Thread" at the top and then make a post offering your coins. Best of luck. I have a dear friend who is a coin dealer and had chemotherapy for lung cancer. They managed to get him into remission, but his memory is very erratic. We are here for you.

Sam Stone likes this.
  14. desertgem

I was feeling really good about my age until I saw the photo for my license renewal. The nice lady said " It won't look any better even if I took another one"
    Oh well , I passed the written and visual and had no points , so no driving test :)
    Jim

green18 and Sam Stone like this.
  15. Sam Stone

What a thoughtful response! I'm genuinely happy for you and your friend. I would like to add this: I find myself looking forward to the learning and making new acquaintances more than I had ever hoped for. I can honestly say that even though I got myself in trouble in this forum, it has been a long while since I have been this cognizant so long. It's humiliating to admit, but strangely cathartic. It will be a day or two before I'm productive enough to move the stuph, but I will as soon as I'm able. You are all becoming my heroes and quite literally saving a life. Thank you.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Not even with the white hat and shades? Cruel woman........

Sam Stone likes this.
  17. Sam Stone

You helped me remember I have a notice in my "important" drawer. So I when I went to look it said Texas is changing their ID process so I have to go get a new DL.

I'm not ever even going to look at the new picture they take and they can't have the old one back.

Draft saved Draft deleted