I have a 1982 p dime error on the reverse, could i get some help please....

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bigbluemax2017, Apr 12, 2018.

1. If you look on the reverse of my 1982 p dime running straight up to the rim from the torch, I was wondering what anyone might think the coin is worth? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I forgot to add that I believe the reverse is doubled?

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CT. Coins that look odd are usually one of two types, errors or PMD (post-minting damage). Many error coins are not worth much but are interesting. What you have looks to be where the die cracked at a thin spot. Interesting but not worth much if anything. Don't see any doubling.

SPC CENTS likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Agree with @Kentucky. I see a die crack and no doubling. Worth 10c.

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Even though the cracked die doesn't add much, if any value, it's still an interesting find. I would consider keeping it, especially since it will only cost you 10 cents

7. I'm still new to this and appreciate the help, thank you.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Die crack is cool. No doubling.
    The doubling is usually only going to be found on known dates/ denominations.
    And true doubled die doubling is rare. There's tons of other doubling that's not rare.
    I see some clown on You Tube with a microscope proclaiming he is finding new varieties of doubling on every single new dime and quarter that comes out.
    1. It's possible that of all these hundreds of doubled dies he has discovered 1 might turn out to be a minor variety.
    2. Most of them are probably machine doubling or die deterioration.
    3. If ALL of the coins show doubling, it's not rare or worth anything.
    4. He is a charlatan who professes to know more than he does and spreads false information to viewers.
    I'm not saying that you have seen these videos, but people do and they all come in here with face value damaged modern coins thinking they are rich.
    Modern coins have been overproduced in the trillions. Very few are worth more than face value. You want old, rare, well conditioned coins.
    Again the die crack is cool and I would keep it in a 2x2 coin flip.

9. Niko!

Niko! New Member

Hi. This is really off subject but I found a 2008 D nickel that says "In God We Rust." The "T" is not there at all. Is it worth anything? I would post a pic but my camera is terrible.

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Hi @Niko! welcome to CT. When asking a question about something that has nothing to do with the posting you put it in, it is better manners (and gets more answers) if you start your own thread. The missing "T" is not uncommon and is due to the die being filled with some foreign material (grease). No added value

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. Niko!

Niko! New Member

Thank you

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Try creating your own unique threads.
    Looking at your posting history you haven't done that yet. It is fairly easy. Just go to the Error Coins forum and hit Post New Thread.
    No need to add the poll.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Niko!

Niko! New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted