I have a 1966, 1975, and 1978 dime with no mint mark...and I'm hopeful.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by sch, Jun 5, 2012.

1. stman

stman New Member

Can anyone tell me where to get coin and currency supplies such envelopes, wrappers, tubes, etc., at reasonable prices? Also where can I learn about all of the abbreviations that collectors use? Just another novice, o.k.?

email removed ~ forum policy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Ebay is the best place for supplies.

For a glossary of abbreviations, this seems like a good one
    http://www.acsb.com/glossary.htm

4. Quentyn Green

Quentyn Green Member

Attached Files:

5. Quentyn Green

Quentyn Green Member

Attached Files:

6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Welcome to CT Quentyn. Did you have a question about the coin in your image? I'm not much of an error guy, so I'm not sure what it is you're seeing. Looks pretty normal for a worn die strike. In the future, you'll get more answers if you start a new thread and describe what it is that you're seeing. Plenty of good error guys that will know if it's special or not pretty quickly.

7. Larrylambert

Larrylambert New Member

I have a black dime 1978 with no mintmarks on it what is it worth

8. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Most likely 10 cents. Post a picture if you would like but probably toned or stained a dark color.

9. Meghuel Chamberlain

Meghuel Chamberlain New Member

Well I have a 1978 copper dime what's it worth

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Millions, I can tell from the photo

11. Nancyzort

Nancyzort New Member

I have 70, 72, 76, 77 dime that don't have mint stamps. Is that normal.

12. Kentucky

yes

13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Some come with mint stamps, some come without mint stamps. If yours don't have mint stamps, they're the ones that come without mint stamps.

14. pyro-dan

pyro-dan New Member

So these won't have the S mint mark for San Francisco? The 68,70,.... exit.. I have a 1970's ( birth year is only reason) and has an S... does that mean it's out of a "silver" proof set?

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

No they won't. The only ones that have the S mint mark for San Francisco are the ones from San Francisco. The others, the ones that aren't from San Francisco, don't have the S mint mark for San Francisco because they're not from San Francisco and that mint mark stands for San Francisco because it's the letter San Francisco starts with, that's why.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  16. Crystalpistolpowers

Crystalpistolpowers New Member

You probably have more value than 30 cents, if you still have that 1966 dime with the misplaced 5 on the cheek.

17. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If referencing the coin in the OP's photo, I see no evidence of, or anything that genuinely resembles a misplaced 5.

18. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

necro thread alert

19. BKay

BKay New Member

I just found (ironically) the years 1966, 1967 and 1968 dimes in a jar I've kept full of change I 'was' going to take to the back to deposit into my account. All three don't have an "S-proof" on any of them. So much to read on the net. Can someone give me some advice?

20. Kentucky

necro necro thread alert. @BKay some Proof dimes were apparently made without an S mintmark, these are worth bucks. Read somewhere (Google) about proofs.

21. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Just change out of a jar, they are not going to be no S proofs. Just normal circulation coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted