I have 1969 S DDO x 2

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Coinattic_Hunter69 S, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Coinattic_Hunter69 S Full Fledged Optimist

I've been blessed it seems the heaven has eyes and has rewarded me the opportunity of being owner of not 1 but 2 possibly 3! 1969 S DDO Class 1. I am grateful to thee greater power GOD BLESSES a good heart "BELIEVE!" I am living proof... Posted in picture 1 and 2 is 1 of 2 1969 S DDO. Picture 3 the 2 1969's are equally doubled in obverse.. Picture 4 is 2 of 2 1969 S DDO and last but never the least as they are "many" a rare 1969 S "Machine Doubling" for comparison see the difference in the power of the die.

Please, understand that the photo's posted below are posted by an amateur coin collector with no experience in Photography and that "shots" should be considered and based one's experience ability in examinations of coins not based with "Original" photographed through well-known Accredited Grading Services private "Experts" included ... With the limitations my digital mic. is not capable of zooms X's clearity thus defaulting visually most of the separation and doubling. I' will see if I can get some better shots in later on hopefully tonight, until then....

All, thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

4. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

I'm aware I stated above in topic and subscriptions..

5. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If you're trying to tell us you've multiple examples of FS-101/DDO#1.... I'm sorry, but no, no, and no, and better photos simply isn't going to change what clearly isn't there.

7. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

8. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Patience, Guys I might be able get some clearer shots in tonight with separations in the doubling.. Already shot some but its not that clear but definitely its there. I'm using maximum magnification and can barely get a word in visual...

9. robec

robec Junior Member

It seems like anymore on the Error Forum you can almost be guaranteed you won't see a DDO/DDR.

How can you possibly think, after seeing a photo of an authentic FS-101/DDO#1, that your coin(s) comes even close to being one? The only similarity is the date.

Unless of course your yanking our chain.

KurtS likes this.
  10. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

If that's true... Than what do I have? I dont think they're just regular 1969 S's....? I post 5th photo clearly shows that is a "machine doubling" or not?

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Which is the very point.... that you wouldn't need the "maximum magnification". What you've already presented is more than enough to definitively say that what you actually have, and what you seem to think you have, are two totally different things.

12. robec

robec Junior Member

As with the link shown earlier, your examples looking nothing like an authentic DDO..

If you can't tell by the date look at LIBERTY and the motto.

[​IMG]

Jerry Curtis and KurtS like this.
  13. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

14. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

this is teachmind on his 3rd account, right?

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't know, but I'd sure like him to explain the reasoning for this comment in his Profile.....

Chris

16. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

I see ppl post
    I keep seeing ppl posting photo's in comparison disregarding totally of how the image was produced... Really, I dont even consider that an answer to opinion given no reason nor explanation in support to what is being discuss is hardly "worthy" thus leading us to conclusion.

At the very least..... Can someone anyone? Tell me what I have? Thank you...

17. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

"The only similarity is the date."

Interesting, you stated... You reminded me when I use to wondered why The Official Red BooK only show's the date of the 1969 S" The fact is obvious...

18. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Somehow, I don't think yer gonna appreciate my "opinion".

None of what you've posted is worth more than 1 cent.

Now for the REALLY harsh "Opinion".

I'm of the opinion that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking or typing about and your original post is pure idiosy.

That's solely my "opinion" and I'm sticking to it.

paddyman98 likes this.
  19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you go to
    http://www.coppercoins.com/advsearch.php

You can enter the date 1969, S, DDO, and will see 3 different DDO displayed/ The first -001, is worth by that author, $31000 uncirculated. The other two are $15 uncirculated. The first cent ,-001, any of us could probably see with the fuzziest photo, the other two are more difficult. Your first photo, 0044.jpg was good enough that I am sure it is none of the 3 on CC, just possible MDD. The other photos were not good enough for me to say with certainty, although I lean towards MDD also.

Yes, people find things in circulation all of the time, but seldom something so rare almost 50 years ago with people constantly looking.

20. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

The thing about die varieties like doubled dies--they are either an exact match or they just can't be purported coin. And the 1969S-1DO-001 is a dramatic and rare DDO--hence the value. Like the pic Robec posted--it's rather easy to attribute.

non_cents and robec like this.
  21. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

Negative....no DD. Worthless machine doubling. Here I even have one for myself.
    Seems like a lot of people on here are "blessed" with a lot of DDs. Then magically we don't hear from them anymore after people tell them it's worthless.

Not one but 3 you say. Haa sorry,grab a book on DDs and read.

Attached Files:

KurtS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted