I have $1,250.00 to spend on coins, what should i spend it on?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jlogan, Jan 4, 2015.

?

What should i spend it on?

1. $89 face in 90% silver

10.2%
  2. Liberty head $20 gold piece (i could come up with another couple hundred dollars)

39.0%
  3. Liberty head $10 gold piece and the rest in 90% silver

15.3%
  4. $500 FRN

3.4%
  5. Low grade Bust Dollar

11.9%
  6. Other?

20.3%
  1. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Your CRH finds are really great. To find as much as you do is amazing. Silver is silver and for face! Pics would just make your finds even better....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

I was never questioning your bank account. Not my business.

Do you want to buy a cat? I think he is worth $5000.59! I will deliver in person....to hard to ship.

4. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

some silver P02-21-14_05.57.jpg

spirityoda likes this.
  5. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

no thanks, i already have 3 of them :)

spirityoda likes this.
  6. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Very nice! All from CRH, can't beat that. See, you can post pics.
    Post a pic of the coin you decide to buy from all the great choices the members of CT suggested.

jlogan likes this.
  7. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Well, whats one more? Just like silver/gold, one more doesn't hurt.

8. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Chris, I don't think the state of Maine has a problem with Canadians crossing the border to poach wild game. They have more shootable(is that a word?) game in Canada.
    Most Canadians that cross our borders on the east coast are in big butt RV's headed to Florida for the winter.
    What Maine does have is a bunch of people with lots of money from the areas Mainebill mentioned coming up & trying to "poach",... buy land.

John

9. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Sorry Chris,

Missed mainebills post about the poaching in northwest Maine.
    Sorry Mainebill, wouldn't a huge portion of your antiquing business come from out of state...especially Ct. Mass., & NYC?
    & I have to disagree about the property taxes. Out of state land owners should have to pay at least four times the rate of full time residents.

10. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

Hopefully going to the Coin Store today or tomorrow... will post what i get :)
    I raised another $263 selling video games and stuff so i should be able to get a nice double eagle and maybe have a couple dollars left to get an ASE or something

mill rat41 likes this.
  11. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

well can't get there this weekend (too much homework and other stuff i have to do) but will try for next weekend :)

12. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

Astute comment, Heater. You're not the only one who spotted it. Not everything claimed on the Internet is true either... I'm whatever (age/sex) you want me to be lol

Read carefully, and check the motives. Roll-hunter grandma sold some at $35, or all at $40, whatever: "I'm a YN, please send me your coins!!!" ROOKED.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  13. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

didn't end up getting a double eagle (guy at the LCS says he hasnt had any for a while) but i did get gold. i paid $925 for both how'd i do?: P01-23-15_17.01.jpg P01-23-15_17.01[1].jpg P01-23-15_17.01[2].jpg P01-23-15_17.02.jpg
    1914D $2.5 gold and 1959 15 gram mexican 20 pesos. sorry for low quality pictures.

Draft saved Draft deleted