I have $1,250.00 to spend on coins, what should i spend it on?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jlogan, Jan 4, 2015.

?

What should i spend it on?

1. $89 face in 90% silver

10.2%
  2. Liberty head $20 gold piece (i could come up with another couple hundred dollars)

39.0%
  3. Liberty head $10 gold piece and the rest in 90% silver

15.3%
  4. $500 FRN

3.4%
  5. Low grade Bust Dollar

11.9%
  6. Other?

20.3%
  1. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Apparently you missed the near record snow the coastal part of NC had last year. That was pretty insane for us. Over the course of my life the best snow in this area was always maybe 2"-4" every other year or so, and at best only two good snow storms a year if we had any at all.

Last year we got walloped, not once, but twice with over 12 inches of snow. The first time it froze everything solid for like 3 days, second time it was gone the next day. I had never witnessed anything like that, and it was pretty cool.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I love it keeps the house warm and Is fun to plow and even more fun to snowmobiling in. Plus always s blast to take the truck out and go do donuts in a parking lot lol I've lived in the northeast all my life always loved the snow

4. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

If you always wanted a $20 Liberty, buy that.

jlogan likes this.
  5. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

I voted for an eagle with the rest in silver. I like vintage circulated silver alot, but also desire a classic gold coin.

Happy shopping!

jlogan likes this.
  6. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

The more appropriate question would be "I have $1,250 to spend on coins, what would you buy?"

That way, nobody is on the hook for you taking their advice on what to buy.

Now, if I had $1,250 to spend on coins, I'd probably look at my collection and what it might need and then I'd start shopping to fill some holes.

If I were inclined to buy gold or silver, I'd just as soon "invest" the funds into something with a bit more stability.

JPeace$ likes this.
  7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Those coastal snows missed us completely here in the central part of the state. We watched them with some frustration (mostly on behalf of the kids, who would really like at least one significant snow before they're too old to enjoy it).

We did get a foot or so in the January 2000 storm. It had been just long enough that I was able to enjoy that a bit. I got my 15 minutes of Internet fame out of it, in fact.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  8. treylxapi47

What a great ebay listing!

9. treylxapi47

I was 26 last year, and let me tell you, I had a blast. Youre never too old for snow, unless of course you actually are too old for snow, or have terrible balance. Because falling isnt fun either, as I did have my fair share of that in the icier storm.

10. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Get what you like, you will have to live with it. To Me a nice Indian gold piece would be nice.

11. Mainebill

That is to funny! We usually have no shortage here if you want some!

12. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Great advice from a wise man.

13. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Go to the shop? Don't local LCS's have a very good/big markup, if they even have it in stock.

Why not buy from one of the many dealers on CT who would give you a much better deal?

14. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

i have no way to make an electronic payment.
    and i get 10% off at the LCS except on bullion because I'm a YN

15. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

This is the CRH that had to ride his bike from bank to bank to coin roll hunt as he didn't have a drivers license to get there, didn't want to ask his grandparents to much , & his parents thought it was all a waste of time/money & couldn't be bothered.

But he forgot about the cash until he cleaned his safe. Pretty tough.

Did you bike the safe in?

16. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Take some of that $1250 & buy a camera & post all those great CRH finds you get....just a thought. Or some of the $5,000 set aside for CRH.

17. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

no, i got it for my birthday a couple years ago, we wheeled it in on a cart. and now i have my drivers license and a car, so i can search larger amounts of coins :D

18. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Must be tough. Good for you!

How about that camera & post some pics?

19. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

don't need a camera, i have a cell phone. i just need to figure out how to move pictures from a microSD to a regular SD. My CRH finds aren't really that "great", and the 5 grand is in a bank account

20. Mainebill

You don't need to electronic transfer there ain't nobody that won't take s postal mo I'm one of the few here with no PayPal account I run my businesses with cash and check (and if bad I may break your legs) lol and have a credit card for when I need it. Honestly the best place I'd recommend for a cheap $20 would be the big auctions ie stacks and ha there out there for as cheap as you'll ever find as the buyers are often looking at wholesale or melt and any with too high reserve will go unsold

jlogan likes this.
  21. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

heres a picture of a bank receipt proving i have $5,000.59.
    P01-06-15_20.54.jpg
    you happy now, @Heater ?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted