I HATE WHEN SOMEONE POSTS A THREAD...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Robert Ransom, Jul 12, 2020.

1. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

Also I feel bad when there is a question and but no answer... :D

Robert Ransom likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Heck, I find questions I have from old posts on CT all of the time. The embarrassing ones are the ones where I answered them 8 years ago but forgot.

I think I collect in a pretty tiny sandbox. I am my own expert at times. :(

Nothing beats the "Hong Kong" Continental Currency lady though. 15 pages on how "Hong Kong" stamped on a CC dollar DIDN'T prove it was a reproduction.

4. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Trophy points, trophy points?...too bad they weren't badges, 'cause WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!...:happy::happy::happy::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::joyful::joyful::joyful::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:...:troll::facepalm:

5. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

I become annoyed when a (new?) member posts coin after coin after coin asking the same question about each of them and not consulting the references offered so they can learn. The one question which seems to be asked most often is, "Is this a DDO?"

expat likes this.
  6. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I've had this happen to me, too. Usually with posts dealing with Japanese coins or notes. People leave what looks like a desperate message such as "I need to know what this is!" so I, and often others, tell them and then they vanish never to be seen again. In a few cases I even did some research to find out what they had. My guess is that they do read the reply and see that their posted item has little or no value (a few were pachinko tokens, for example), so, disappointed, they don't bother following up. In any case, I've had far more people that do follow up with a "thank you" than those that don't, but perhaps I've been lucky.

7. Robert Ransom

I think they just like your avatar. :hilarious:

expat and ewomack like this.
  8. Robert Ransom

They are at again. Found two more threads from people who must have gone to bed or work.

9. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

And then only show a picture of the reverse

Robert Ransom and cmezner like this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

@lordmarcovan Don’t you just sit on the Throne all day?

11. Cheech9712

Get Kurt to plead your case!!

12. Cheech9712

Now kick um

Draft saved Draft deleted