I hate it when they pull this!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 19Lyds, Feb 8, 2015.

1. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I took advantage of the Quarterly Grading Special over at PCGS and submitted four coins for the 1/2 off Variety Attribution Special. Normally $24 for only $12 per coin.

The following 4 were submitted:
    The 1947 DDO FS-101 Lincoln that I reported on this forum. (Found in a Roll)
    A 1954-S/D OMM Jefferson that I'd purchased from Amanda Varner about a year ago.
    A 1968-S DDO FS-101 Kennedy that I'd purchased off of eBay
    A 1972 DDO FS-101 Kennedy that I'd purchased off of eBay

The coins were graded at:

1947 - MS65RD DDO FS-101
    1954 - MS64 Overmintmark FS-501
    1968-S - PR68
    1972 - MS62 DDO FS-101

When the results were posted where the 68-S didn't get attributed. I immediately thought that OMD (Old Man's Disease) had struck and that I had inadvertanly sent in the wrong coin! smack.gif

By that, I mean that I knew I had an FS-101 that I'd bought so I searched my desk for the errant coin.

No where to be found!

So then I thought, well, maybe its not the FS-101 but maybe something new? HMMMMM.gif By that I mean. having the coin in a DDO Minor Variety Slab wouldn't be all THAT bad!

I decided to wait until the package arrived to see exactly what I had submitted.

When it arrived, I popped it open and found this:

Submission 4773631 003.JPG

Submission 4773631 006.JPG

Submission 4773631 007.JPG

Without a doubt, an FS-101!

Now, I gotta contact them,. explain how they screwed something up and then send the coin back in for proper labeling while following up to insure that the refund my shipping costs provided they even bother with wanting me to send it back!

I just Hate it when this happens!

And yes, I screwed up the submission form by using FS-101 for the 1954-S?D which should have been FS-501 but the Kennedy was properly marked on the submission form.

Arg!

coinzip and coinman1234 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Though it looks like a DDO and improperly graded even Meatloaf sang "3 out of 4 ain't bad" - sorry, had to go there:)

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It was "2 out of 3 ain't bad." :)

medjoy, MKent and jello like this.
  5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Know the feeling Too Well!:wideyed:!! Ole saying come to mind Sh_t Happens :blackeye:

Mainebill likes this.
  6. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Just so I understand clearly. It is ok that you made a mistake and they were able to catch it but they are somehow superhuman and it is not acceptable when they make a mistake?

edited

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    micbraun and jay4202472000 like this.
  7. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Obviously you have never met my wife!!! :smuggrin:

8. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

Everyone makes mistakes.

How you fix your mistakes defines you !!!

9. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

+1 Sir

coinzip likes this.
  10. 19Lyds

At least the coin number was correct for the S/D and PCGS has agreed to correct the mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  11. 19Lyds

Especially on my whiney thread.

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm sorry for jacking your thread. PCGS should get it right without telling them what the coin is. That's what we pay for.

13. 19Lyds

They even say if you don't know the coin number, then leave it blank.

But, this was just an oversight and I normally would not mention it but it seems like there have been a lot of oversights lately which is why I had only this single submission for last year. 2013 was just mistake after mistake until I finally just gave up.

14. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Just my 2 cents but if I'm paying for a professional to evaluate my coin as to condition and paying an extra fee for variety designation, I expect them to do just that no matter what I write on a form. If I mess up and put down the wrong variety, I expect them to get it right. That's what being a professional is.

15. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Enough ! Offending posts have been removed. And yes all of you know to whom I am speaking. Either you guys will stop it, or I will. And you won't like it if I do !

16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

My fault. I'll play nice. I was just giving you a reason to post more.:D

medjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted