I got my Morgans back today! ^_^

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Gam3rBlake, Jan 4, 2022.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Probably some glitch. You can call them if you want to check it or just wait for it to be listed and you can just message them through the listing for whatever is wrong and they fix it in a day.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Agree BUT 85+% of the people never took Latin and that would really confuse them.

4. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Nah it doesn’t require knowing Latin once you learn AR, AU and BI. That’s all you need to know :)

5. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Ok, so... March 3rd. I've finally received my slabbed morgans and peace dollars. :rolleyes: Not a bad run, though - I bought two of each Morgan and two Peace. Of that bunch, only two Morgans (a 2021-D and a 2021-CC) came back MS69 - the rest graded at MS70!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but yay - they arrived! My Type 1 ASE Proof I tossed in graded at 69 though, unfortunately...

Gam3rBlake likes this.
  6. Gam3rBlake

Congrats! I made a mistake by not sending in my 2021 ASE Reverse Proof set with my Morgans.

I also probably should’ve sent in my 2020 V75 ASE..

That was smart of you to toss everything you want graded in one submission. I didn’t even think of it.

CygnusCC likes this.
  7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Definitely should send those in next time you do a submission

8. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Thanks!

Well, I'm not so sure. heh. You got back your Morgan and Peace dollars way faster than I did. If I were selling them, I'd be miffed that I missed the high point. :yack:

As it is though, I've got some very nice MS69 Christmas gifts for friends and family. ;)

9. Gam3rBlake

Yeah that was my mistake I wasn’t even thinking about those lol.

Although the V75 has a hairline scratch so I know it’s not going to get the 70.

I have some very limited mintage (500 mintage) proof Somalian Elephants that I was considering sending in as well but not quite sure if they are worth it yet.

Sometimes I just buy random stuff that I think looks cool even if it’s overpriced in terms of being way over melt value.

10. Gam3rBlake

Its true they sell for more but you also have to take grading fees & shipping costs into account as well.

If you’re doing it for a long term thing for your grandkids I think it would be smart to have them graded and then keep the original packaging as well like the box and COA.

The D mint mark Morgans are the big money ones and are currently selling for up to $800 on EBay in MS70 but only $140 in MS69.

Because D Morgan’s have the lowest percentage of 70s of them all they are going to be the rare coin of the set that limits the number of perfect sets.

So I definitely recommend sending the D’s in.

If you do keep them in the capsules though! They will send the capsules back and it keeps the coin pretty safe until it’s being graded. Better than raw in a flip. You do have to put the capsule in a flip though.

11. Gam3rBlake

Trust me I thought about that many times.

When I bought the CC and O’s I only bought 1 of each because I didn’t want to take more than my fair share.

Then I saw a flood of dealers & resellers buy massive numbers of coins to flip for a profit.

I decided I would rather have them myself than let a re-seller get them and try to price gouge.

Then I decided to buy 3 of each and I ended up having to buy 2x CCs and Os from a dealer so I could submit 3 full sets. Fortunately the 4 coins I bought from the dealer raw all graded 70 and a 70 CC/O is worth more than I paid to buy the CC & Os raw even from a reseller.

Honestly though if you told me you needed a Peace Dollar I would’ve sold you one of mine for the $85 cost of the coin + grading fees. It’s MS69 but if you’re just looking for a Peace Dollar that shouldn’t matter as you very likely would’ve gotten a 69 if you had bought it from the Mint yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted