I got anything good?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by James Thomas, Apr 15, 2024.

1. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The foreign coins are probably demonetized. You can pick them up for 3 or 4 for $1.00 at flea markets.

The other US coins are all normal. All are worth face value except maybe the Buffalo Nickel. Could be worth $1.00 or $2.00

Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. JoshuaP

JoshuaP Well-Known Member

That depends on what you mean by "good." The Canadian quarter is silver. The wheat penny is worth 2-3 cents. The buffalo nickel is worth around a dollar. The Canadian Toonie is worth $2 in Canada. The rest are just common American or foreign change.

Heavymetal, Spark1951 and Noah Worke like this.
  5. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

6. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

7. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only ones I'd hang on to are the Buffalo nickel and the wheat penny.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The Buffalo Nickel is the best of the lot, followed by the Wheat Ear Cent. Spend the rest snd welcome to CT.

9. rte

rte Well-Known Member

If you dug them medal detecting, your on good ground.

10. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Henny Youngman One Liner Award Drum Roll....badaboomm.....1

CoinCorgi likes this.
  11. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

so close metal

12. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

The 1942 Canadian quarter is 80% silver. About $4 in silver value

Dan Galbato likes this.
  13. Dan Galbato

Dan Galbato Well-Known Member

I’d check that Georgivs vi out as well as some of those euro’s. Just my two cents! Good luck.

14. element159

element159 Member

I think that they are all current now, actually. The only one I am not sure of is the Swiss coin, but since they don't use the Euro, it is likely good. The Euro and Canadian should be spendable at face (but dont spend the silver quarter!).

paddyman98 and Dan Galbato like this.
  15. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

The good thing is that you're asking for advice which means you're at the very least semi interested. The great thing is that you have something to build on if you're interested in collecting. It all starts somewhere and which one of these coins interests you the most?

Dan Galbato likes this.
  16. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

Idk what interest me the most but here are 2 new coins and a dollar any advice

Attached Files:

17. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Silver certificates in that condition are probably only worth face value. I've heard that some coin shops give them in change. Bicentennial quarters are common. I regularly have more than one in my quarter jar. The cent looks like roadkill - copper plated zinc that's had the copper scraped off. Sorry, all spendable.

18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

My LCS sells silver certificates in that condition for a few dollars. I would keep it just because I can. As for the Quarter, it looks to be in good shape but they made so many of them it’s only worth face value. Keep if you like. The cent, spend it.

19. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

20. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

The quarter weighs 5.8 does that mean anything

21. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Perfectly within tolerance.

Draft saved Draft deleted