I Forgot I Had This One

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It’s been packed for quite awhile but here it is. A beautiful brown IHC and a very tough date in nice condition. It’s a tough date in any grade for that matter. She’s an 1877, one of the 852,500 that were minted. I believe it’s the rarest date in the series. That whitest spot on both sides is a reflection of light on the holder. Sorry about that.
    38342F73-B995-40B5-8146-55EA67BC8362.jpeg B8F21D37-1D26-4400-82C2-98FCBD7C8F01.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

I bet you have many coins you forgot you had.

rte, SensibleSal66 and Collecting Nut like this.
  4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

just send it to me and I'll make sure it's never misplaced again :D
    Nice one CN :D

dwhiz, Tall Paul, rte and 2 others like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Unfortunately I do.

medoraman and lardan like this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

No! Send it to me. He has rodents and is a thief. lol.gif

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

She feels safe with me so I’ll give her more love and attention.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I've probably already said "you've forgotten nicer coins than I'll ever own", but... jeeze! :)

Collecting Nut and lardan like this.
  9. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Lol yeah. My old story is about a decade ago at a coin store and they had nice AU pillar dollar. I thought to myself, "I have always wanted a nice pillar dollar" and bought it. When I went to put into the SDB I found a Mexico box and inside there were 4 other AU pillar dollars. So, at least 5 times in my life "I always wanted to own a nice pillar dollar". :(

No idea whatsoever what I own outside a few memorable coins like my avatar. Heck, last time in a SDB I found 3 other Byzantine gold coins I do not remember buying just randomly laying there outside of a box at the bottom of the SDB.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

MAYBE rarest by availability, but not rarest by mintage. That crown belongs to the 1909 S mintage of 309,000, less than half that of the 1877. Price on the 09 S has been going up too. Should overtake the 77 soon if it hasn't already.

Draft saved Draft deleted