I find this funny

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Wingnut6999, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ddddd

ddddd Member

I don’t believe changing the flip is a great indicator of level of laziness. Most times changing the flip is just not worth it, especially for less expensive coins. Plus some people might not have extra flips nearby and it’s quicker to sell as-is then order flips (particularly for non-collectors that are just selling off some coins from a relative or friend).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

He didn't want to mess with the coin that is why. He may have paid more than what is showing and flipping. Nobody know. Anyone has to make up their mind to pay or walk away based on the condition of the coin. Based on this condition, I'd walk away.

4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Because it probably wasn't archival quality plastic?

5. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

I have purchased a number of coins in a 2x2 with prices that were decades old on the 2x2. As long as the holder does not look new, I see no reason to cover the price. If the price purchase price were important to a seller who is reselling the coin, then put it in a new holder.

If a seller is not putting the coin in a new holder, then would the seller rather the buyer see the old price on the holder before he buys the coin, or after he receives the coin.

The price on the coin is fair. I like the reverse better than the obverse. If the obverse were slightly better, I would buy it.

ddddd, Robert91791 and C-B-D like this.
  6. alk1129

alk1129 Member

07925621-695D-474D-8F76-9A571FBC1C4B.jpeg
    According to Google, with inflation, that price seems right.

Robert91791 likes this.
  7. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

I reuse EVERY flip that I can to save on costs. Almost all people re-holder their acquisitions so that their holdings have a uniform appearance. My traders and sales items go in them. Any idiot who attempts to buy a twenty dollar token based on the 25 cents I paid for the former occupant of that holder gets short shrift. I use holders by the thousands and have gone through two 10,000 count boxes of silver dollar holders just laying out my current catalog project. If that keeps you and people like you away from me it is an easy fix. When you make decisions based on those criteria you end up buying pristine well presented FAKES.

Kentucky and alk1129 like this.
  8. harley bissell

I reuse EVERY flip that I can to save on costs. Almost all people re-holder their acquisitions so that their holdings have a uniform appearance. My traders and sales items go in them. Any idiot who attempts to buy a twenty dollar token based on the 25 cents I paid for the former occupant of that holder gets short shrift. I use holders by the thousands and have gone through two 10,000 count boxes of silver dollar holders just laying out my current token catalog project. If that keeps you and people like you away from me it is an easy fix. When you make decisions based on those criteria you end up buying pristine well presented FAKES. Why no delete option on the edit page to remove duplicate posts? Apologies

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

So, just mark your 2x2's $1000 and go from there...

ddddd and Gregg like this.
  10. harley bissell

Or sell for $5 and charge $995 shipping and handling for that pristine new holder.

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

One could mark out or place a sticker over the original price as well.

12. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

That is a completely non sequitur and arrogant conclusion.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Most of the information on a holder is total nonsense anyways.
    I'm to the point where I do a happy dance if the date is correct.

Observe:

idiot.jpg
    idiot2.jpg

14. harley bissell

That is your right in our country to form your conclusions and opinions. I am the world's leading expert on my own opinion. Since you did not accuse me of an ad hominem attack I have no reason to challenge your assumptions. Good day.

15. Wingnut6999

Wingnut6999 Currency loving custodian

Wow. Find something funny and open up a can of worms. Lol. Sorry guys.

Kentucky and Gregg like this.
  16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Don't be sorry, it's funny.

Kentucky, Wingnut6999 and ddddd like this.
  17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I'm about G-06 (so his grade is correct) and $50 on the seated half.
    As for the flip showing $16 he may have bought it 20 years ago.

18. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Geez the value has gone up. I would not pay more than $20 for such a common, worn coin.

19. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I'm not in the market but the price guides are showing $45-$60 for this grade.

20. Sunflower_Coins

Sunflower_Coins Importer and Exporter

Now where have a seen them flips before? :sour:

21. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

The seller claims to not be a dealer but a collector trying to sell a few coins. If you look at some of the prices he's asking for some of the other coins, the prices are as high, if not higher, than dealers selling on ebay.

Draft saved Draft deleted