I finally got my coin tattoo-anyone else got one?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mralexanderb, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

http://www.cointalk.com/t152783/

After I brought up this subject in an earlier thread, above, I decided to go through with my first tattoo of a Flying Eagle, circa 1857.

I went tattoo artist shopping and chose an artist that I thought had many artful examples of his work. He told me he had ADD(attention deficit ) and was slow and meticulious at what he does. I certainly didn't want anyone rushing through their work on me. He is a germophobe, and constantly cleaned things, covered instruments with sterile plastic and used new tattoo needles each time he changed colors. What he said would take less than an hour took 2 and a half hours. I really didn't mind.

Earlier, I had left him some photos of the flying eagle from four or five different coins and with different colors. He made a tracing first and when I rerturned he adjusted it as I liked.

I wanted it on my left upper arm with the eagle beak pointing out. It may be a reverse eagle but it depends on who's looking at it. :thumb:

Here are the results:

DSC00025.JPG DSC00027.JPG DSC00028.JPG

If anybody has any coin themed tattoos, please post them.

I'm sure you won't forget to comment on my flying eagle.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

Hey I like it. I don't have any coin tats, but I've had an eagle on my arm since 1980...

4. phdunay

phdunay Member

Wow, that's cooler than I expected it to look!

5. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

It was hard to get a true copper color but I like it.

6. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Looks great! Personally, I love the size of the tattoo that you went with. Not too big... Not to small. Just right. ;)

-Brian

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

8. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Heh, very very cool! That looks awesome. I have always contemplated getting a Canadian large cent tattooed on my body, but I don't want to make any silly decisions I might regret later. Who knows what I'll be collecting in 10 years :D
    Looks great, congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted