I feel like I just robbed the bank

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by bruthajoe, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

To some, a $1,000 investment plus hauling a 50-lb bag would be a little much, but I can appreciate that to some extent as I did order a Mint Sealed Bag of 1972 Lincoln Cents back in the day looking for the "Doubled Die", but only found some MDs after a lot of eye strain. It's nice that you found a few atypical coins, and perhaps you may find one of the error or variety issues with due diligence. At least with a bag of Half Dollars you don't have to be as concerned with finding foreign coins as you do with Cents thru Quarters in rolls, or in change when shopping.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Maybe not "as concerned" but I ended up with a bunch of 10-15c value older large English pennies in a half bag once.

Lueds likes this.
  4. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

You should have put a handgun and handkerchief in the bag before you took the pictures. I may have believed you. That said, nice haul.

bruthajoe likes this.
  5. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

I didn't think of that, but I did actually say "stick em up" to the teller. Someone behind me laughed.

6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'm sorry, if you're serious that would equate to saying hi jack to a stewardess on a plane, even in jest. Not always the best outcome. ;)

bruthajoe likes this.
  7. bruthajoe

What if her name was Jack?

8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Then tell her, her sister Jill asked you to say hi.

bruthajoe likes this.
  9. bruthajoe

epoch

10. bruthajoe

Snap_044.jpg Snap_040.jpg

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Yup, that's what I am talking about. If they were worth 50c or more like Heaton or King's Norton mint I would be happy, otherwise they are worth melt to me.

bruthajoe likes this.
  12. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

I went to one of my banks today to dump, and they had their vault open. I saw four boxes marked "$500 HALVES" in there. My pulse quickened.

Then I found out they were all empties.

In keeping with the season, I say: BOOOOOOOO.

bruthajoe likes this.
  13. bruthajoe

I haven't forgotten about this thread. I am still opening rolls. I'm about half way there. I just haven't found anything noteworthy yet. I've only found some less circulated 70's and 80's stuff. I don't search for specific variants but I am always sure to research my choice finds. Unless it is is blatantly obvious, I just flick it back into the pile for someone else to find.

Draft saved Draft deleted