I discovered a DDR!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ace71499, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Or at least a stage of one!

Hey Guys,

I had to share because I am so excited. I found a homestead quarter DDR in 2015. I posted a thread here and was told I should send it to John Wexler. I ended up not doing it for some reason and I regretted it. 3 years later, I decided to send it in, and it seems to be legit! I'm so excited, here is the email I received this morning!
    Screenshot_20171108-201748.png
    I know it's not particularly valuable but I think it's really cool. I plan on getting the coin graded (can't I have it attributed as a discovery piece or something) and then frame it with either this email or the coin world article.
    Thanks for reading!
    Jason
    (Will be attaching pictures of the actual coin soon!)

NSP, derkerlegand, paddyman98 and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Mucho congrats! You'll be famous now, and all the girls will be searching you out!;)

ace71499 likes this.
  4. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I don't know... now that they know I'm an expert at catching imperfections, they may be weary

5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! It's alway's fun to be the first to submit something. I don't think ANACS will give you "Discovery Piece" designation as I believe they reserve that for a first of Variety rather than a new die state of a known variety.

Draft saved Draft deleted