I didn't think this happened anymore...

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Kevinfred, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

... but found this in my McDonald's change this afternoon.... it's an "S"... 1949s.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

nice find! i am a former mcdonalds employee youd be suprosed what you find in the tills! a co worker and myself found around 4-500 silver dimes one month. my first day i found a 1920s mercury dime and on my last day i found a 1917d lincoln in xf-40

cody

4. Atreides

Atreides New Member

I used to work in the cash office for a relatively large supermarket, and that place was a gold mine (well, a silver mine). If you took the time to dig through tills (I'd often have to count 15-20 cash trays a night) you could find a lot of silver dimes and quarters, and a few buffalo/war nickels if you kept your eye out. I'd estimate maybe 1-5 per week, depending on luck. I found a lot of silver certificates too, although nothing really worth keeping.

Granted this was about 10 years ago so I'm sure there was a bit more silver in circulation but yeah, I can imagine that working at supermarket in the bookkeeping office can be lucrative as long as your bosses let you swap out what you find.

5. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

4-500 silver dimes in one month......sorry but i don't find that at all plausible....unless some poor guy's mad ex girlfriend took his silver dime collection to mcdonalds out of spite.

6. Kevinfred

Kevinfred Junior Member

Funny as I haven't started the dimes yet so I didn't know it's a 'key' (if there can even BE a key to this series) :) It's def. done it's work out there, it'll have a good retirement being admired in the dime folder!

7. bhaugh

bhaugh AKA - 1872Hokie

I work at hotel where we don't do a lot of cash transactions (everyone used cards today), but I still find stuff in our till. Usually wheats, but i've come across some War Nickels and other silver.
    I am surprised to see how many wheats i've been finding lately. I found my 10th one for the month today.

8. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I worked at Target last winter for about 3 months as a Cashier (seasonal). While I found a few wheat's I did not find any silvers. I was hoping for that day when the little ol lady paid for something with a silver dollar.:D

Hey I can dream can't I? :p

9. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

Why can't I ever get that lucky! Sweet find :)

Draft saved Draft deleted