I cant keep them to myself any longer.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by treylxapi47, May 21, 2015.

1. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

As some of you may know, I have found myself gravitating towards the Seated Liberty quarter series and have been working on my set fairly steadily over the last 18 months or so.

Well, I have always shared my purchases in the Newest Acquisition thread, but I have never possessed the skills necessary to take exceptional photographs. I recently started a project with a fantastic forum member of ours to get this set imaged properly and I wanted to share the progress that has been made so far.

I am a little uptight about sending my coins all over the country, so this thread will be completed in stages as the images become available, but anyway here are the first five that I sent off to our very own Bob Campbell of @robec 's images

1860-O.jpg

1861-P.jpg

1876-P.jpg

1876-CC.jpg

1891-S.jpg

My sincerest thanks to Bob and his incredible effort and skill in taking these pictures. I am awestruck and absolutely cannot wait to see the whole gang of these ladies side-by-side.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

great pictures, great coins

4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Outstanding!

treylxapi47 likes this.
  5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Nice collection.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Great images and coins. Love the MPD ' S in the denticals .

treylxapi47 likes this.
  7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

1861 wow great colors

treylxapi47 likes this.
  8. treylxapi47

Which coin, I couldnt understand the last part of your post?

9. treylxapi47

I havent been hanging on to very many 'blast white' specimens. I prefer the color on these. and have tried to keep my collection consistent.

I know this is a tough series, but I dont ever realistically plan on completing it. Thats what draws me to this set, I can literally collect it my whole life and likely never 'complete the set'.

I am so jealous right now of all those beautiful Eugene Gardner coins crossing the auction block.

10. Nice coins. I like the 1861 the best. The color is cool, but I also like the fact that it was minted during the Civil War. TC

treylxapi47 likes this.
  11. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Sweet coins and pix!

treylxapi47 likes this.
  12. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Nice! My fav is the 1876 CC MS62. Next would be the 91 S.

Endeavor and treylxapi47 like this.
  13. Paddy54

Check below the dates in the denticals for mis placed dates. The 1860 1876 check them all as seated quarters are famous for having dates in the denticals .
    In hand as you can see them better then in a enlarged images.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  14. treylxapi47

I know where one of those 1861 resides at an affordable price.
    The 91-S is one of those coins that doesnt really look that great until you really inspect it. I bought it off a bad picture sale on ebay and was so pleased when I received her in hand. I darn near stole her too.

JPeace$ and silentnviolent like this.
  15. treylxapi47

I am pretty aware of the excessive MPD's on this series. I was wondering if you saw something specifically that I needed to be aware of that I may have missed.

These coins almost always have some cool feature or added variety. I have 3 different 76-CCs and they are all different from one another. In fact I cherried a nice variety from the Briggs book for that date. It is whichever is the 'rare' variety he claims for that date/mm. I was pleased to acquire it. It is the Briggs 13-L

I also have that regular Philadelphia 1876 as variety out of the CPG, I cant remember whats on the sticker now, but I am sure it was one from the Cherry Pickers book

16. treylxapi47

Yeah, the 1861 and 1862 are about the only real affordable quarters issued around the Civil War for this series. Some of those in the years after 1862 and through about 1869 are incredibly tough to acquire in any decent grades. In fact if you take all the quarters minted from 1862-s through 1870 you would have a total mintage of around 888,600; in comparison the last year of 1862-P prior to this run had a mintage of 932,000.

Thats not even like key date status, thats like a key-run of coins for this series.

Ive heard tell that many collectors switch to the proofs for those years to bridge the gap without breaking the bank.

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Outstanding coins and extraordinary photography by Bob. He rocks with his imaging skills.......:)

treylxapi47 likes this.
  18. treylxapi47

yeah he does......I am so glad he was willing to photograph my quarters. I got about 15 more for him to image for the set.

green18 likes this.
  19. Paddy54

Well yeah both 76 have mpd's

treylxapi47 likes this.
  20. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

Those are some truly splendid-looking coins. Well done!

C'dude

treylxapi47 likes this.
  21. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Thanx for the great pix was getting a migrane from some of the other's.Great looking coins,much envy....

Draft saved Draft deleted