I can't believe my eyes!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Penny Luster, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Nice, well done.

Penny Luster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I would say all but 1 or 2 are small date 1960-D in your last picture. Nicely done!

Kevin Mader and Penny Luster like this.
  4. coinquest1961

coinquest1961 Well-Known Member

Know your doubled dies and Mint mark varieties! A good reference can be found here-http://www.varietyvista.com/

Penny Luster likes this.
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Wonder who rolled those? Just trying to get an idea of how it happened.

Penny Luster likes this.
  6. Idoono

Idoono Member

Hey I lost those....or wish I did. Seriously depending on the location where found you may want to check with law enforcement to make sure no large quantities of coins were stolen in your area recently.

Idoono

Penny Luster and enamel7 like this.
  7. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

That wouldn't do any good. They were rolled by one of the courier companies. Someone probably passed and their relatives turned them in. No major value there anyway.

Penny Luster likes this.
  8. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

Yes my bank ordered them from whoever their supplier is. They specifically order circulated boxes for me and they take a week to arrive so I know they are not locally sourced.
    How did so many 60 year old cents in mint condition get in those rolls?
    I would guess that whoever saved them, probably in rolls, passed away and the relatives took them to the bank and I got lucky this time.
    Or the recent coin shortages motivated a kind hearted collector to contribute some rolls to the public.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  9. Preif18

Preif18 Member

Nice find, makes me want to get a box of them, but my bank says they have a shortage of coins.

Penny Luster likes this.
  10. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Impressive! I've been putting away the "shiny" ones for a number of years, just for the heck of it. Still hoping one of my grandkids would be interested in starting a Lincoln cent collection. Your recent hauls would be great to upgrade a collection.

Steve

Kevin Mader and Penny Luster like this.
  11. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

It's common enough where folks will dump their excess coins. Glad to see that these were culled out of circulation and will be preserved. I'm sitting on $50 worth of uncirculated LMCs from the early 60s. No Small Dates that I saw on quick inspection. But I'll search them for varieties over the Christmas break to see if there are some collectibles in the lot, then I'll roll the rest and release them to the wild. Maybe a new collector out there will be lucky enough to get them. It's always a delight to find AU/BU specimens in circulation...never give up on the shiny ones!!

Penny Luster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted