I broke a few fingers doing snow removal....

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Feb 15, 2018.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

So, I got lots of free time to post more coins from coll:happy:

AV Mohur AH 1186/13=1772
    Zabita Khan 1770-74/ Nawab of Rohilkhand/name of Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II
    Najibabad Mint c348f941164a35de0241addb845966f3.jpg

tibor, dlhill132, Numismat and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

Ouch! Great coin. The right hand pic looks like it has a smiley face in lower right hand quadrant.

panzerman likes this.
  4. GerardV

GerardV Well-Known Member

I broke a few fingers doing snow removal....

Hey @panzerman - you're not supposed to do that. :wideyed:

panzerman likes this.
  5. panzerman

That is what happens when you are in a rush....
    I was taking snowblower down my ramps on tailgate. Half way down, the ramps fell, plus me and the blower. My fingers ended up squashed between ramps/blower. Then, I still had to clean snow from 40 driveways. Thankfully, no snow in forecast for 14 days....

6. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

EDIT: nvm, get well soon! Now we get like, what, 6 weeks of the panzerman collection? :D

panzerman likes this.
  7. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

You continued to work after breaking your fingers? Your hardcore.
    This reminds me of a time when i was fishing off the coast of Monterey with my father in law. The boat hit some rough water and he ( Bob), slammed into the live well. We continued to fish. 2 days later we discovered he had fractured a few ribs. He certainly didn't want to let broken ribs interfere with our trip.

panzerman likes this.
  8. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Snow! Several years ago my first PT job in retirement was as a greeter at the Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo, ND. We were experiencing a bitter winter. A man came in the door and as we were commiserating about the snow and wind, he told me what his neighbor had just said after blowing snow:

I feel like loading this snowblower on a trailer and heading south, not stopping until someone asks me: “What the hell is that thing?”

Steve

Cucumbor and panzerman like this.
  9. panzerman

I must have gotten that from my Uncle Karl in Germany. He was drafted in Jan/45 (just turned 18) into the SS Nordland schwere Panzer battlion. By Feb.45 he got command of a KonigsTiger. In a battle with Soviet tank forces, after knocking out 12, he went to rearm, refuel. His commanding officer noted a lot of blood dripping onto the snow. He had shrapnel go thru his lung, but went back into action and scored 5 more enemy tanks that day. He also got me into collecting coins, when i was eight years old. But, I could not hold a candle to him, blowing snow, is not the same as getting shot at;)

asheland and Stevearino like this.
  10. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice Mohur, Pan.

panzerman likes this.
  11. panzerman

Thanks, I thinkI have more Dukats, then Mohurs, but I have around 50 Mohurs. The biggest coin ever struck was the 1000 Mohur grom Emperor Jahangir (35 pounds) of gold, the Mughals also minted the teeny weenie 1/64 Mohur!

12. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Is that the secret of how you manage to afford so many gold coins for the panzerman museum? :)

Stevearino likes this.
  13. panzerman

Nope, snow is just for pocket change.However, from April to Dec 1st, I maintain 140 properties. My clients want me to look after the lawn/ flowerbeds/ shrubs/ hedges/ leaves plus the lawn chemicals....complete job. Most companies hire 6 employees/ i work solo, so make enough to pay all the bills/ plus have 120K left for my coin collection @ year. So, a guy who cuts grass, can have a 5 million dollar collection:) Added benefit walking 260 km a week keep one in good shape/ never been sick a day in my life.

14. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Most people your age spend 120K a year on drugs, not coins. At least they would if they didn't have insurance.

Stevearino and panzerman like this.
  15. panzerman

I would say the drug companies would be all bankrupt with guys like me, I may take an advil once a year for a mild headache:) Healthy lifestyle choices are also important/ i have never tried any illicit drugs ever/ always exercised/ did body building/positive outlook on life/ kept my highschool waist....all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted