I assume this is not OBW?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Minanius, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

AND IF YOU SEE A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE OF SOMEONE OPENING A ROLL FROM EBAY AND FINDING ANY KEY DATE IN IT, PLEASE KNOW THAT ANY SELLER COULD SEED A ROLL AND MAKE A VIDEO AND MAKE YOU THINK THERE ARE FINDS OUT THERE!

Minanius likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

But the OP said he tried to return it as the seller claimed he accepted returns but filed an appeal and the seller won so the OP can’t return it. Therefore I said leave bad feedback.

4. Vertigo

There are finds on ebay. IF you know what you're doing. They are few and far between. But there are some there. But, you won't find them in a roll.

5. Vertigo

Yes I saw that after I replied. I can't believe ebay didn't make him take it back.

6. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

It is an obvious eBay scam re-roll. Figure that bank rolls sold on eBay are primarily fraudulent.

7. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

On the bright side, this is a lesson for you, and it is a relatively cheap lesson.

Much better than buying an "uncirculated OBW Morgan roll CC ender" and learning the same lesson.

Sorry this happened, but now you have the experience to identify a bad seller. It sucks you lost that money, but the experience is worth more.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I agree. No worries but I feel for the OP.

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The seller may had claimed the roll had been opened and picked. Hard to prove either way or not, so eBay may have got a photo of the roll opened and took that route.

10. Minanius

Minanius Member

There was some good news! I had filed an appeal since they closed my case so quickly and didn't even give me the chance to return it, so eBay is actually refunding me for the purchase. I offered to send the rolls back to the seller, if they don't answer eBay said I can keep the rolls and still get my money back so I actually got lucky. Yeah, I was very surprised they closed my case within like 20-30minutes of the seller filing with customer service. Gave me no opportunity to even return. But I am going to get my money back so thats exciting. But yes a lesson for me nonetheless!

Vertigo and Collecting Nut like this.
  11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Way to stand up and do whats right. If you get your money back, the seller should get the cons back. I don't deal with ebay. I look everything over in hand before the cash is exchanged.

Draft saved Draft deleted