I am stumped by these three coins??

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ocjoe949, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I bought a huge lot of world coins. Close to 8 pounds. I was lucky enough to pull 30 ounces of ASW and lots of great other stuff.
    These three stumped me. Either that or I was just so tired of cataloging, putting in flips, stapling, researching and labeling the other that I had nothing left in me. I will post on my other finds soon.
    PICT4000.JPG PICT4001.JPG

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Greece 50 Lepta, Ethiopia 25 cents, Thailand. You can easily find info on them online.

4. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Thank you ! Im sure they're nothing special, but It was my mission to know where every single coin I got was from.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ethiopia 25 Santeem
    25.JPG

afantiques, Nevadabell and NOS like this.
  6. paddyman98

Thailand
    thailand.JPG

Nevadabell likes this.
  7. paddyman98

8. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Paddyman .... you are friggen awesome! Thank you !

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

Decades ago, when he thought his microphone was off, Secretary of State John Foster Dulles referred to Emperor Haile Selassie (of Ethiopia) as Mr. Highly Unlikely LOL LOL LOL. No trip to the woodshed, however.

paddyman98, Hiddendragon and Amos 811 like this.
  10. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I always wonder how things would have turned out today if 100 years ago, if all the social media technology and everyone having camara phones and voice recorders built into them was used. I bet history would have been atleast somewhat diffrent.

11. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Greece, Ethiopia, Thailand. Gilroy Roberts did the lion on the Ehtiopian coin. The Thai coin looks like a well worn 1962, but I am not sure of some of the numerals, the image is not sufficient, but the portrait is like the 1962 coins. (If it is a 1962, it is a frozen date for about 20 years). 8 pounds of world coins, and 30 oz. of Ag should be a wonderful adventure examining them all.

Draft saved Draft deleted