I am going to a GA Coin Show tomorrow (why coin shows are good)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Doc J, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

It's the monthly show here in the Atlanta area which is sponsored by the GNA.

I got the reminder email before the bank closed today.

I really like coin shows since I have 20 dealers that are competing for my cash. I like the gold Saint Gaudens in my avatar.

I also like Morgan Dollars, but I doubt I will find a price suitable to my needs. I still can wish to find the eleven coins that I need.

Good luck to me. ;)

YoloBagels likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And well, good luck to you my friend......I love local shows. Wish I could be there..........:)

4. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Man I wish I could have known about the show earlier. Maybe we could have met up there.

5. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

Many thanks for your post. It made me set out a camera to show the crowd to expand this post.

6. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

CoinShow.JPG The first thing that gets attention is a few books and a magnifying glass.

YoloBagels likes this.
  7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

How big is the show? To have a monthly coin show, the community in your area must be pretty active. That's really good. I get a show twice a year here, and it is a really small and sleepy show.

8. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

You can also see my notes shown within the pages.

I have a separate series of notes on what I have and what I need. It's what makes this a fun hobby.

9. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

It's 20-30 dealers with a lot of interested buyers.

There are about 6 million folks in the Atlanta Metro area. The entry fee for buyers is no fee.

I'd estimate the inventory at $3M+. You need to do your homework and ignore their salesmanship.

10. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

I would like to see your notes I don't know where to find them within the next pages?
    Could you give my a link to them. Thanks for you interesting post, lucky you going to a coin show every month. We have about One maybe every six months here in St.Pete FL!
    Thanks Again.

11. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

Sorry, I just saw your post.

http://atlcoin.com/

So the next coin show is this Sunday 9-9-18. I'll be there in a red shirt. PM me if you are planning to attend.

I know the guys that are genuine coin dealers from the new dealers that are looking to make a quick profit.

Draft saved Draft deleted