I am gifting a London Mint Tetrarchic coin

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by jamesicus, Sep 18, 2017.

1. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

There haven't been any postings to this thread for a while and it seemed pointless to wait until the 25th of this month to draw the winning name. So I drew the name out of a hat this morning, and the winner is @Johndakerftw! I know she lives in Canada, but @Alegandron @Bing @GerardV ...... maybe others (I apologize for any omissions) have offered to re-mail the coin to her (or any winner who does not have a US address) if I send it them. I think that is an admirable gesture -- symbolic of the spirit of community generosity that exists here. I am sure we can work this out for @Johndakerftw via PM. This gifting has been, and continues to be, a learning process for me. Following is an outline of the procedure I intend to follow in the future:

------------------------------------------------

I will restate my motivation in gifting the coins the way I do: I want to perpetuate interest (especially that of new collectors) in the kind of coins I specialize in researching and collecting -- a way of giving back something to this hobby that has provided me so much joy and contentment for so many years. I don't think I am doing anything particularly noble or meritorious in this. I do hope my gifted coins go to those who are genuinely interested in London Mint Tetrarchic (and closely associated) coinage. However, I offer my gifted coins with no strings attached.

From this point forward I intend to offer gift coins to those individuals who I perceive to have a more than passing interest in London Mint Tetrarchic coins and have made what I consider significant contributions to Tetrarchic coin centered threads I initiate from time to time on the Forum. I will do it by Private Message.

I am no longer able to drive and so I mail everything from my home using United States postage stamps and I do not have any Customs declaration forms. But, I can use the following procedure for those who do not have a US mailing address: If you can find a relative or close friend who resides in the US who would be willing to re-mail the coin to you, I will mail the coin to the name and address you provide.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Ajax, Curtisimo, Johndakerftw and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GerardV

GerardV Well-Known Member

4. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

A very worthy recipient! I know she and her brother are passionate collectors and learners.

Way to go James.

Johndakerftw likes this.
  5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

If the two of you agree, I will be more than happy to post it for ya'll. BTW, congratulations to @Johndakerftw, a worthy recipient.

Johndakerftw and randygeki like this.
  6. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your usual generosity Bing. @Alegandron has already offered to act on this and I have sent coordinating PM's to both of them.

Johndakerftw likes this.
  7. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Any time my coin friend.

8. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Johndakerftw likes this.
  9. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

Wow! Thank you so much, James! I am truly honoured! My brother and I will give Maximian a good home!

I've learned a lot from your posts and look forward to reading them!

Also, thank you to Bing and Alegandron for offering to ship the coin to me!

Y'all pwn. Never change!

Erin

Draft saved Draft deleted