I am gifting a London Mint Tetrarchic coin

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by jamesicus, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

@jamesicus : I would be glad to send it to Erin (@Johndakerftw ) should she win. Should I win, I would still send it to Erin. Thanks, Brian

TheRed, red_spork, Mikey Zee and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Krd046

Krd046 Active Member

Thank you, I would to enter. K.D.

4. GerardV

GerardV Well-Known Member

Ok, I will stay in and find a way to pay it forward if I win.

5. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

BTW, I am notoriously forgetful to award "likes" to the posts of others on this Forum. Please excuse those omissions -- I am getting increasingly forgetful in my dotage.

"There are three sure signs of growing old. The first is loss of memory -- I have forgotten the other two."

__ Anon

6. jamesicus

Yes, John, it is a thick coin on a generous flan.

Theodosius likes this.
  7. jamesicus

Unfortunately you are not on the eligibility list (see my original post in this thread) @Krd046 for this coin. However, as I mentioned, I will be offering gift coins of this type in a similar fashion from time to time in the future -- so please keep on participating.

8. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

Thank you, Bing and Alegandron for offering to send me the coin if I win, I really appreciate it!

Man, this forum gets better and better each day. I don't think there's another like it on the internet.

James, you are a total boss! You're doing great work!

Erin

Theodosius, Mikey Zee and randygeki like this.
  9. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I understand the motivation completely James. Inspiring interest in these pieces of history is a lofty goal imho. Of course, there is another upside, giving makes one feel good.

red_spork, Mikey Zee and GerardV like this.
  10. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Very generous give away @jamesicus . The coin is a great example as well.

11. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Thank you for the offer and a chance to win.

12. jamesicus

Yes, it does make you feel good Orfew, I guess that is another reason I do it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  13. jamesicus

Unfortunately you are not on the eligibility list (see my original post in this thread) for this coin. However, as I mentioned, I will be offering gift coins of this type in a similar fashion from time to time in the future -- so please keep on participating.

14. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Awesome coin! Thank you very much @jamesicus ! Since I've already gotten to sweet coins from you, I'd feel bad winning a 3rd (If i'm lucky enough) so I'll pay it forward to @Alegandron if I win.

Alegandron likes this.
  15. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

In Flagstaff, we have better bucks to hand out to those in need. They can only buy certain items with it. Do they have anything like that down there?

16. jamesicus

I don't know, Randy. My own giving is a personal thing -- no strings attached.
    Actually this thread is beginning to drift in a direction I didn't intend (threads often do) but that is mostly my fault and I apologize for that.

[​IMG] As I mentioned previously, I will be gifting more Tetrarchic coins in the future using somewhat similar criteria and procedures that I am using in this thread except eligibility will be determined by significance of posted contributions to the chosen thread as determined by me. Edit: revised in later posting.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    randygeki likes this.
  17. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

Very generous of you @jamesicus. I am considering moving to the States :D

Jwt708 and Mikey Zee like this.
  18. jamesicus

Thank you Randy for that very nice gesture. Also @Bing and @Alegandron for making similar offers of help. It appears that there will be a good bit of heartfelt sharing going on and that is very admirable indeed.

Ajax, Johndakerftw, randygeki and 2 others like this.
  19. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

@jamesicus thanks for putting me in your generous giveaway, I appreciate it. I'm in Canada though so if I do win I'd like it to go to @Alegandron as well. Thanks again jamesicus!

randygeki and Alegandron like this.
  20. jamesicus

Thank you for your generosity, @Ajax.

21. jamesicus

I will restate my motivation in gifting the coins the way I do: I want to perpetuate interest (especially that of new collectors) in the kind of coins I specialize in researching and collecting -- a way of giving back something to this hobby that has provided me so much joy and contentment for so many years. I don't think I am doing anything particularly noble or meritorious in this. I do hope my gifted coins go to those who are genuinely interested in London Mint Tetrarchic (and closely associated) coinage. However, I offer my gifted coins with no strings attached.

From this point forward I intend to offer gift coins to those individuals who I perceive to have a more than passing interest in London Mint Tetrarchic coins and have made what I consider significant contributions to Tetrarchic coin centered threads I initiate from time to time on the Forum. I will do it by Private Message.

I am no longer able to drive and so I mail everything from my home using United States postage stamps and I do not have any Customs declaration forms. But, I can use the following procedure for those who do not have a US mailing address: If you can find a relative or close friend who resides in the US who would be willing to re-mail the coin to you, I will mail the coin to the name and address you provide.

Johndakerftw and GerardV like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted