I’ll let the pictures tell the story...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Chip Kirkpatrick, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I feel sorry for the OP, its got to hurt to jump off so many bridges.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. Suetta Burt

Suetta Burt New Member

Hi, I'm new here and don't know much about coins. I have a question about this coin. If another coin was placed over it and then smashed to make an imprint over the one coin why didn't the rim of the coin get damaged? Especially where the number eight is concerned shouldn't the rim of the coin have damage? The imprint seems to be contained inside the coin only. Thanks for all responses!

5. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

You should try and start a new thread with that question and any pictures you might have. Very difficult to answer that question. There could be dozens of explanation on how that could happen.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I assume you're asking about the coin at the beginning of this thread?

I would guess that it was sitting on a surface that wasn't perfectly flat, and perhaps that the blows were struck with a narrow hammer, one that only applied pressure to part of the coin. Or it could be that the coin is bent (as a result of being struck), and we can't see that from the photos provided.

Welcome to CoinTalk!

7. Suetta Burt

Suetta Burt New Member

Thank you for your response. This is not my coin, I just had a question about it. Trying to learn as much as I can about how errors happen. I am also trying to post my error coin.

Islander80-83 likes this.
  8. Suetta Burt

Suetta Burt New Member

Thank you so much!

Islander80-83 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted