I’d like some feedback on this 1969 quarter error Please

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Essy12, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Essy12

Essy12 New Member

Good evening y’all!!
    I got this 1969 with A very faint 0 at the end of 69. Could this possible be an error or just damage that coincidentally looks like a zero. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

(Btw I’ve makes other abnormalities I noticed. Especially in the nose area ).
    thanks 9356227D-0656-46AC-AB00-CF95AB337CF3.jpeg !!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Damage/ you need to work on your picture taking.

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

yes . I agree unfortunately .

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's called Pareidolia.

6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

@paddyman98 Thanks. I couldn't remember the spelling .

7. Essy12

Essy12 New Member

Thanks for the input gentleman. I’m still a tad new to this and I agree that they could be better. Guess I just got too focused on taking and listing opposed to taking a better picture. My apologies and thanks. I’ll work on it.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Technical term:

Spare change

ZoidMeister likes this.
  9. Tankkiller275

Tankkiller275 Active Member

I'm relatively new to looking for errors and such myself. I have already looked through thousands of coins and have found only one minor doubled die. It is not to say that one can't find a DDR/DDO (doubled die reverse/doubled die obverse) early on, as it could happen at any time, but "cherry picking" coins has lots of excitement early on. Over time you learn what MD and DDD are (mechanical doubling and die deterioration doubling) and that it will be 99.999% of what you find. Coins in circulation are worn by their nature, so present with lots of dings, gouges, scratches, hits, etc... Mint errors have to occur during the minting process and miss any quality control. There are many nuances and subtleties and other aspects to coins which makes understanding the minting process paramount.

Here are a few sites to explore and learn:

http://www.error-ref.com/
    http://www.doubleddie.com/
    http://www.varietyvista.com/index.htm

I think everyone on this forum is learning but there are many who have been doing this for a very long time, come from working in the mint or have attributed coins, etc... Heed their experience and knowledge and have thick skin, as there are many personalities and communication styles. Stand up for yourself with your arguments but make sure you are specific with your points and pictures are a must. In the end, the only way to know for sure about a coin being an error or one of value is to have it attributed and/or graded.

When you upload pictures to your posts make sure you place your cursor in the text box you want the picture(s) to be and then click the enlarge all/large image bubble. This will place the picture(s) within the text box and allow better viewing of the images by members.

Just some thoughts.

~Rob

Essy12 likes this.
  10. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Trust your gut. You were right to consider the possibility that it was just damage. It's not easy to find real errors, but there are lots and lots and lots of damaged coins out there. The more you learn about the minting process, the easier it will be to spot the real ones and ignore the junk. It takes time, but we've all been there.

Essy12 likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's a spender. Welcome to CT.

Essy12 likes this.
  12. Essy12

Essy12 New Member

Thank you very much. I appreciate you. I was already nervous posting on here as I see some questions get talked down to etc and instead of giving points and and suggestions but figured that’s how it’s all learned by asking and continue to ask. So I appreciate all of you for being super helpful and understanding. I appreciate y’all xo

Draft saved Draft deleted