Humor and Jokes

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by vnickels, Jun 13, 2010.

1. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Tell me your numismatic jokes about ebay or anything funny you can thing of about coins! It will be fun!

vnickels:):):):):goofer::goofer::goofer::goofer:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Well to start off I remember one eBay auction in which the seller called a Standing Liberty Quarter, a farmer.

4. jgreenhood

jgreenhood Senior Member

I always find it funny when we tell people their buffalo nickels don't have a date on them and then they say, "Oh they made them with out a date on them."

Another funny is,
    Seller: "Gold is at $1200.00 how much are you paying for gold?"

Dealer: "Depends on what you have. Some coins are worth more than gold and scrap jewelry is dependent on weight and type of gold."

Seller: "I have 25 gold dollars."

Dealer: "Do you have them on you and I can look at them and tell you."

Seller: "No, they are all 2000 Sacagawea gold dollars I got from the post office."

(That one always makes me run to the bathroom so I don't burst out in laughter in front of the individual. I know they don't know better but it's still funny.)

5. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

I was at the coin exchange the other day, where I get a lot of deals on proofs. Anyway the girl there is quite new and learning about coins. This guy walks in and wants to sell her his AGB proof.

He pulls the coin out of his bag and shows it to her. She's looking it over and he's telling her about the coin. "This is a 2010 American Gold BUffalo Proof. As you can see it is real gold."

So she's looking at it with the loupe and is about to make him an offer on the coin. I ask if I can look at it and the guy says sure, go ahead. So I take the coin and look it over and notice many things wrong with it right off the bat. Number 1 was 2010. The Mint hasn't made or released any 2010 AGBs. The second is no mm W, and the intitial F is missing. So I ask the guy, "How come the designer's initial isn't on the obverse?" He tells me it's a rare mint error and he hopes to get $1500 above going price of a gold. I said, "Really?" He says it's worth the premium because of the error.

So I go about my business of browsing, and hear the girl offer him $1650 for the coin.

Because I love shopping there, I call the girl down the counter where I'm looking at the silver eagle bullions and inform her that the Mint has not made, or even released, 2010 AGB proofs yet. I tell her the coin that guy wants for $1500 over gold spot is worth only about $3-$5 as it's the cheap copy that was being advertised a year ago on t.v. for $19.95, and it definitely isn't a proof by the Mint's standards.

6. Clinker

Clinker Coin Collector

"I have a 1943 Copper penny worth over a million Dollars."

"Where is it? Can I see it?"

"Yeah, it's right here in this drawer stuck to a magnet."

Clinker

7. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Anybody got any funny Ike dollar stories or silver certificate stories?
    Thanks for all the posts!

vnickels

8. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Actually, it's selling for $9.95 (plus shipping and handling) and not on TV but this very site. See the Gold Buffalo Tribute coin ad on the Coint Talk home page? 2010 Proof with no F or Mint Mark.

9. Billyray

Billyray Junior Member

Nope, I never see any ads.

My story is from when I first got into collecting many moons ago. My uncle asked if I wanted a Hawaiian coin. I got so excited, so imagine the letdown when he gave me a Lincoln Memorial cent and said "You can spend it in Hawaii too"

10. sunflower

sunflower New Member

I took this one from a PM by Kenny Mac - I don't think he would mind.

"When the girlfriend asks me why a circulated coin that I have is really messed up, I just tell her that it was shot out of a cannon, and is now worth twice the face value....
    Hahahahaha..."

11. sunflower

sunflower New Member

That's a horror story, not a funny story.

12. sunflower

sunflower New Member

After rolling across the street, What did the Memorial cent say to the Jefferson nickel"?

A: ?

( I have not come up with an ending yet).

13. tka1234

tka1234 Junior Member

Hey, that gives me an idea:

What did the standing liberty quarter say to the peace dollar when being melted down for silver?
    "Well, we're history!"

(the coins are being 'killed', hence 'we're history', and they actually were earlier in history.)

14. sunflower

sunflower New Member

That one is pretty decent. :smile

15. KennyMac

KennyMac 82nd Airborne Division

Tess...the really funny part is she actually believed me...now THATS funny!

16. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

I find it funny how people who know a gold coin is real always say:

So you want the coin price or just its value in gold...its like....dude i came here because its valuable not just because its gold.

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

We had to roll as my steps are wavy and yours aren't full.

18. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

I found these on the web ...

Q:
    What's a coin collector's favorite breakfast cereal?
    A: Wheaties

Q: What's a hard-core coin collector's favorite breakfast cereal?
    A: Wheaties from boxes made two hundred years ago

Q: Why did the coin collector put Tic-Tac's into an Altoids tin?
    A: So that he could have a "mint error"

Q: Excuse me sir, can you direct me to the SGS Coin Grading Service?
    A: Sure, just take Highway MS-70

Q: Why do coin collectors' bison ranches always go out of business?
    A: They pay extra money for Buffalos that have only three legs

Q: What's the difference between an Indian Head penny and a Buffalo Nickel?
    A: Four cents.

Q: Why did the Standing Liberty Quarter & Buffalo Nickel have to dance with each other?
    A: Neither one had a date

Coin Collecting is the only hobby that when you are broke you still have money.

19. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hey, Tom, isn't that your wife laying in the gutter?

Chris

20. cpm9ball

Would you hold my place in line? I've got to go pee.

Chris

21. cpm9ball

Collector Joe was feeling very depressed since he hadn't been able to win a single auction in months. Every time he spotted a coin that he really wanted, he always lost out to a last-second sniper. He was on the verge of throwing in the towel and giving up collecting for good, when he came across an 800 Hot Line for collectors with problems. He decided to give it one last shot. Joe didn't notice that he had dialed the wrong number, and when the voice of a man answered in a very heavy Middle Eastern accent, he reallly didn't give it any thought.

Joe started to explain to the person on the other end that he was fed up with all of the snipers and was seriously considering ending it all when the voice on the other end said, "Please, don't do anything! Stay on the line! Your call is very important! I'll be right back!"

When the man returned, he asked Joe, "Since you don't like to use a rifle, can you drive a truck?"

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted