how to tell a 1990 s penny with no s ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jesse P, Jan 18, 2010.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Is it known how these no s proofs came to be? Obviously a die was used that lacked the mint mark...but it was a polished proof die. Was the mark polished off when the die was prepared? Is it known?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

4. CamaroDMD

That answers that question. Thanks.

I assume something similar happened to the no s coins from 1983. In that case he die just didn't get punched?

Main Streamx23 likes this.
  5. Main Streamx23

Main Streamx23 New Member

Not a problem and thanks for that reply. That was alot more help then the previous

6. Main Streamx23

Wasn't trying to get an attitude that was a reply to someone saying something about my grammar. Didn't mean to get on anyones bad side with it just hard to focus on my grammar when talking to people online. By the way thanks to everyone who helped me on this and for the replies. After the new ones you probably wont have to worry about mamy more questions like this one because of the great answers.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Perhaps I was abrupt too. Posting something online carries many risks because the recipient can't see your expression or hear your tone. The only thing left is grammar and if you want people to take you seriously, using correct grammar is a first step.

8. Main Streamx23

Its the internet therefore i don't care if you take me seriously or not. You seen my post and you found a comment with bad grammar and instead of commenting about the post you comment about my comment that i used bad grammar in... If you want me to take you seriously about you taking me seriously how about you find something with a higher pay grade then internet grammar correcting

9. Timalger

Timalger New Member

Hey can someone please help me i have 6 of the 1990 pennies none have any mint marks and i wanna know if these are any of the pennys worth money please email me at

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017
  10. Timalger

Timalger New Member

Hey can someone please help me i have 6 of the 1990 pennies none have any mint marks and i wanna know if these are any of the pennys worth money please email me at Edit: against CT policy to include emails as bots will scam them, please use 'conversaions' at least for the first contact.

11. Timalger

Timalger New Member

Hey can someone please help me i have 6 of the 1990 pennies none have any mint marks and i wanna know if these are any of the pennys worth money please email me at

12. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

How come they are all named "Tim"?

13. Timalger

Timalger New Member

Here 14850242854181636475275.jpg s the coins

14. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

Those are all circulation coins and worth 1 cent a piece.

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's not a good idea to post your e-mail address on an open forum, but I suspect that it is too late for you to edit it now.

By the way, where did you learn of the "No S" Lincoln cents? Did it mention that they are a proof coin?

Chris

16. CamaroDMD

Those are normal circulation cents only worth their one cent face value. He valuable no s cent is an error proof cent. These are not proofs.

17. Maddiggity

Maddiggity New Member

So you're saying this penny I just grabbed out of my pocket right after reading this rant, is not a 1990 no s proof? I am shocked. Shouldn't have bought that boat...

Attached Files:

18. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nope!
    Philadelphia Mint struck Cent is what it is

Maddiggity likes this.
  19. Victoria Barnes

Victoria Barnes New Member

I have 3 1969d pennies and one 1969s penny but cant find any errors!!!

20. Papoose

Papoose New Member

I also have a lot of 1990 pennys

21. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

I think this thread has run its course.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted