How to store silver dimes

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by USAcoinMaster, May 24, 2015.

1. USAcoinMaster

USAcoinMaster New Member

I have a lot of silver dimes mercs, barbers, and roosevelts but how should I store them? At the moment they are in 2x2's

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

In a safe place without too much fluctuation in temperature or humidity. Maybe add a silica gel pack or 3.

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Those 2x2s should be good enough. Go here for alternatives if you think you want to look into them, it's a good supplies site: www.jpscorner.com/.

5. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

My house.

loopytoad74 and Gilbert like this.
  6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I have a ton of plastic Snaplock 2x2's that I'm not using and that are F/S actually, if you need them :)

7. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Depends on condition, if they are worth melt or close, tubes, mint bags, cigar boxes zip lock bags etc. I wouldn't waste a 2×2 if its worth less than $10

8. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Agreed

Kentucky likes this.
  9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Just what I was going to say . I have a small box of everything from AU Morgans to cull Barbers and they are in a cardboard box and haven't changed in 10+ years , well not much anyways .

10. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

If they're just junk silver, put $50 worth in a heavy-duty 1-quart Ziploc zipper-type freezer bag. Works great.

Kentucky and ldhair like this.
  11. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I use coin tubes to hold mine. I also live in the desert where we don't have to worry about humidity.

12. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

I started with tubes and quickly found out how expensive it was, at least around central Ohio. A heavy-duty Ziploc that holds 10 rolls of dimes costs less than 15c.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted