How To Post (Upload) Photos

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Speedy, Aug 11, 2005.

1. aeroman

aeroman Junior Member

1936 Canadian dot penny

Hi, I've had this penny since I've been a kid... last year I was levelling stones with pennies from my old piggy bank when I found it. I put it aside and upon seeing a news clip I went looking for it. Lo and behold I had the exact one. I noticed damage around the dot and started remembering back that when I was a child I desparately tried to remove that dot. Under a microscope you can see where I even tried to saw it off. I've done an electron microscopy test at a local university where you are able to see that the composition of metals is all the same around the damaged area and as well the scratches I made. Even with the scanning electron microscopy pictures PCGS said authenticity is questionable and they wouldn't certified it. I've learned that it is like this with many of these 1936dot over the years however in one catalog it states that around 660 thousand of these coins were made. My questions are.. anyone have any idea what this might be worth? Why do the vast majority of people only believe 3 or 4 of these coins were made when many have popped up over the years. If anyone wants to discuss this coin further without cluttering this board my email is gwereley @ rogers. com
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. csparkman

csparkman Junior Member

hi all. i would like everyone on here to grade these coins for me . so let me know what you think

4. csparkman

csparkman Junior Member

pictures werent good enough to judge.i will upload again later

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Please start a new thread in Coin Chat. The purpose of this one is only to help folks figure out HOW to post their pics on the forum. It's not for posting them.

6. jodi

jodi Junior Member

george washington death coin

we are having an auction sale this weekend and they have this coin we were wondering what this may be worth

Attached Files:

7. leencoo12

leencoo12 New Member

Is There Some One I Can E-mail My Coin Pics To .it Seems My Dig-cam Is Too Big To Upload.
    I Would Appreciate It.
    Noble Payne

8. daviddwilson

daviddwilson New Member

I could barely see liberty until I took the picture. I have never seen one like this...anyone? And hi to ya'll. I just joined the group today. I still have to fill out my profile. I started collecting last year, and I especially have a thing for pennies. Thanks for any input

Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t8567/#ixzz125eic35j

9. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

The first coin looks very fake, especially Liberty's face.

The second coin is questionable, but most likely fake.

The last coin is fake, I'll tell you that. The Trade dollar was minted in the 1880's, not the 1790's.

10. safira218

safira218 New Member

I could barely see liberty until I took the picture. I have never seen one like this...anyone? And hi to ya'll. I just joined the group today. I still have to fill out my profile. I started collecting last year, and I especially have a thing for pennies. Thanks for any input

11. jreidy

jreidy New Member

medal coins.jpg medal reverse.jpg

Among a collection of coins left to me 16 years ago by my grandfather are these two medals (?). Sorry for the quality; my first uploads. One is Eisenhower with his birth and death dates. The other is JFK and RFK with birth and death dates for each. The reverse eagle is the same for both, except the Eisenhower is better defined, more like a proof. I don't know weights. Diameter is 34mm. Thickness is about 1mm. Edge is grooved, if that's the right word. I found this link to an ebay sale for the Ike, but nothing on the Kennedy brothers medal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360196882103&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Indeed, the Ike is signed by Bodlak, but I find no signature on the Kennedys. They feel a little light to be silver. Help me out.

What are they? What are they made of? What are they worth?

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No need to post this twice dear fellow. Multipule posts of the same nature are frowned upon on this forum.....

13. jreidy

jreidy New Member

Sorry, my goof. I had just posted here when I realized maybe I should have posted it as a new thread. So that's what I did. Still learning the ropes.

14. 1coin4me

1coin4me New Member

Looking for information on this coin, is it real or fake. Value? Any help would be appreciated.
    IMAG0240.jpg IMAG0241.jpg IMAG0242.jpg IMAG0243.jpg

Sorry for posting in the wrong area

15. green18

You are not going to get much help from the people that do know about these pieces as most probably never visit here. PM one of the mods to see if they could move your post to the proper forum.

BTW. Welcome......:)

16. dyalis4346

dyalis4346 New Member

1983 p struck thru grease.???

:rollling: hi,this is my first time almost doesnt anything about error:eek:so easy with my quarter.i want to sell it but im not shore whats the error,and how much.well thank you for any help.:hail:

Attached Files:

17. jab3112000

jab3112000 New Member

IMG_2935[1].jpg IMG_2934[1].jpg

Back of coin translates to: Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification
    of the whole country

Front is bust of Lenin

I have not found this coin/medallion/commemorative piece anywhere.

Anyone know what it is?

18. green18

This is not a good forum to post your query friend, as it won't get much exposure here in 'how to upload pictures'. The folks that do know are more likely to be in the 'world and ancients' forum. Try asking your question over there, and welcome to Coin Talk.......:)

19. jab3112000

jab3112000 New Member

Aaaaah....I WAS on the right page, but stopped over here to "check the rules" and then forgot to go back to the page I wanted to post on....
    Thanks!

20. Hvacguy

Hvacguy New Member

Is this 1955-p dime worth grading?

I purchased a roll of mint 1955-p dimes and a few have a strange extra bid of silver on the eyebrow and
    an extra impression adjacent to the bridge of the nose.I have been told there is extra value in error ccoins so is it worth sending it off to grade? What is everybody's thoughts including value,Thanks

Attached Files:

21. green18

You won't get many replies to your question in this thread. Better to post your question in the 'what is it worth' or 'error' forums.

But to answer your question, the coin isn't worth the cost of getting it graded. Nice coin though and nice photos. Welcome to the forum........:)

Draft saved Draft deleted