How To Post (Upload) Photos

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Speedy, Aug 11, 2005.

1. annetty

annetty Junior Member

I have a wheat penny that is only dated 195 the last number is missing. it is an au coin and I can't find anything about it. any guess?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jannva

jannva Junior Member

please help identify

I found this token? Actually I don't know what it is. I will try and describe it. It's approx. 22mm in diameter and appears to be copper.On one side at the top I can make out the letters G O and at the bottom are the letters U K.In the center is a 1 with a check mark underlined beside it.On the other side on the top are the letters O D and at the bottom are the letters L C. In the center it appears to be a capital T above a capital V. with guide lines on each side. The rim of the token is indented with checkered squares.I will try and send a picture. Please help me identify this.

4. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

I see that PDFs can be uploaded. Does this include PDF whitepapers in case someone would like to share a paper that they have authored?

5. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Photobucket attempt

So, taking a study break and printing out an assignment I look at the printer spitting out page after page and it came to me, "You have a scanner, Brad." I realize I miss out on this forum because of lack of camera/photo capabilities, but I thought, "Self, surely a scanned photo is as good as one with a pic? Could it be so?" So, I tried, set up a photobucket account, and after some trial and error ready to post my first attempted pic. This seemed like the post to do it on, so we'll see. Wish me luck...

Drumroll please...

[​IMG]

6. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Darn, I can't click on this photo to bring me back to the larger more detailed photo on photobucket. I must be doing something wrong...I might attempt some more later.

7. CheetahCats

SueB - Submit this enquiry in a NEW topic, and I will be happy to help you with your New Jersey specimen. :)

8. CheetahCats

I wish a MOD would come in here and do some housecleaning! I feel like this thread is stuck in an episode of Romper Room!

9. jannva

jannva Junior Member

Thanks for taking the time to help.I'm coin and comp. lacking.But I think I'm learning.Hopefully this works. View attachment 73130 Thank-you.This one side of the token? Any idea what it is? Janet

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Try photobucket.com for your best images!!

11. jannva

jannva Junior Member

Thanks I,ll give it a try.Janet

12. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Photobucket problems

mpcusa,

Not sure if you'll read this but I've tried photo bucket with minimal success. I have my image and I go to "share this" then "get link code" then I copy and paste the code for "clickable thumbnail." I paste this code into the text box after clicking on the photo mountain button above. I've tried taking out the html jargon and even kept it in but no matter my efforts I don't get that clickable thumbnail, just a box with a red X. Any suggestions or am I simply too technologically impaired to post my scanned photos?

13. krispy

krispy krispy

dimeguy: get the URL code from Photobucket and past that directly into the body of your post. not in the mountain button. you are looking for the URL code from Photobucket that has "img" in brackets [] and is closed with "/img" in brackets []

Try this out...

14. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Krispy:

Thanks for all your help. Much easier now. Hope to post some of my collection if the scans represent them well enough. Thanks again.

15. CheetahCats

Isn't the caveat with PhotoChuckIt that once a photo is posted on the site, it becomes their property?

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, there are some things in the T&C regarding what they can do with the image file, but I'm not certain that they own the rights, if you are concerned, put a ©CheetahCats watermark over the image and in the file name just in case.

and, you're welcome dimeguy!

17. CheetahCats

lol! can you imagine seeing that? that sounds so not official - ©CheetahCats! :goofer:

18. krispy

krispy krispy

Believe me... I've seen far far worse!

19. addPoP

addPoP Inherit

Inherited Coins. Any idea of the value?

My father passed away and left me some really fantastic looking coins. Its as if I have a piece of history.

I was wondering if anybody could guide me on how much these might be worth?

thanks guys!

Attached Files:

20. durdrum

durdrum Junior Member

1795 one cent coin

Hubby thinks this is a reeded edge. I don't agree, I think it's starred reverse. We can't be that lucky.

Attached Files:

21. worldstreasure

worldstreasure traveler

Kaiser 1873 20m coin

As you can see, it is set in a 'jewelers setting' .
    That is easily removed with no markings to the coin.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted