How To Post From Your Smartphone

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hommer, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

We see lots of threads started here from people who have made new discoveries, or just have a question about an unusual coin they have kept for a while.
    Most don't have a PC, but do have a Smartphone, which is fine, but sometimes the instructions on how to post a question and photos from your phone get confusing for some, me included at first.

We all aren't as eloquent as Henry David Thoreau with our description, so we must rely on photos to show just what it is that we are seeing and want everyone else to see. Believe me when I say, most collectors will be just as excited as you to see a new find, so don't get discouraged.

After logging into this site, you should have this screen.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-59-30.png

In the header at the top of the screen, among the icons ( little buttons), there is one that says "Forums". If you click on that icon you should get this screen.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-15-58.png

Choose the forum that best describes your question or post and click on it. For demonstration I chose Coin Chat. You should get a screen similar to this.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-36-39.png

At the top is a icon, or button, that says "Post New Thread". Click on it and you should get this screen.

. Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-17-49.png

Type in a Title and your message or question.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-18-31.png

Under the message box (dialogue box), there are 3 icons. To add a picture stored on your phone to your post, click on "Upload a File"

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-21-15.png

You should get a pop-up similar to this.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-24-03.png

In the pop-up click on "Choose File". A menus of files stored on your phone will pop up. Here's mine.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-21-56.png

I chose "Gallery" because that is where my photos are stored. When you click on it, your stored files will pop up. Click on the picture you wish to add to your post and wait for it to upload. According to how good of a connection you have, it may take a few seconds to a minute to upload. Until it does your screen may show this.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-24-03.png

When the file is finished uploading, your picture will show up under "Attached files" under the dialogue box.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-23-26-42.png

Not many, myself included, like having to resize pictures within a post while reading it. To the right of your uploaded file are a couple of icons. One says "Full Image". If you click on it, your file will be resized to full and be placed in the dialogue box for you. There is a catch though, it loads it in the box where your cursor is located, so be sure you have the cursor where you want the picture before you hit the "Full Image" button.
    Once the picture shows up in the dialogue box, you can, click on "Preview" to make sure everything is to your liking before you post it (I should do it more often). If so hit the "Create Thread" button and you're done. Hope this helps and good luck with your finds.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    TX15FX4 and dwhiz like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Oh that's really simple and really good to know.

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

and Please always select FULL IMAGE

Hommer likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Hommer

That's very interesting, and I'm sure it will help others. The problem I have is that there is no button for "Fat Fingers".

Chris

Hommer likes this.
  6. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I would have added a couple more screenshots to this but I reached my limit of uploads before I got finished.

7. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I am using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone 6 and log in to CT and other forums using this app. There are some restrictions compared to accessing CT via a web browser but also many advantages. E.g. posting pictures is really easy. Give it a try...

Draft saved Draft deleted