How to get pennies from the bank?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Camreno, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

Wow and they consider 35 mill rare lol.. Yeah the one he sent me has to be a 69 cameo I cant see one scratch on it, thanks for the info! Ill hold onto it

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

4. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

It's rare, because most clad coins (including state quarters) have over 500 million coins made from each mint. After 10 months of searching everything (rolls, boxes, change), I've only found one.

Keep the 69, even though it's clad.

5. onejinx

onejinx Junior Member

I go on Sundays as there are no other customers and I can chat with them more. Gotta butter them up some to get them to look and save older coins/banknotes for me

6. Mark14

Mark14 Star Wide Receiver

i went to a bank to get my first rolls, i got 2 rolls of nickels, and i found a 41, and a 42 non silver, very dissapointing but i kept a bunch of them with the hopes to start a book

7. Corey

Corey New Member

Well I have gotten two grand canyons and a yellowstone back as change this week. Never looked before cuz I wasn't collecting. I have them in a jar with our other finds. I am going to have to invest in some sleeves!

8. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

I usually just ask for whatever they are willing to give. Banks usually have different protocols, some make you order boxes, and some can give you the box when you ask. Depends on where you go and what you need.

9. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

I try to get dimes in boxes and halves in rolls, best chance for $ilver

10. Victor Dubuque

Victor Dubuque New Member

This is a good convo. I've been collecting coins for a couple of months now so I'm still new but learn quick. I recently picked up a couple of boxes (5)of the new 2017P Penny because it's the first time in 225 years they put the P on any penny. I found many error coins some real nice ones but still have A LOT of rolls left I think I'm going to keep them unopened and hold on to them.

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

What sort of errors did you find? There are a lot of "errors" that are not worth anything more than face value.

Chris

12. Victor Dubuque

Victor Dubuque New Member

A lot of culls but I found a few with a nice die crack down Lincolns forehead down his nose.

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

To get "pennies" from a bank, you'll have to travel to England!

To get cents from a US Bank, all you gotta do is buy a $25 box. You should get a good mixture of circulated an uncirculated.

You also might get lucky and get a box of 2017-P cents!

NOTE: If you buy cents from a bank to search, don't return them to the same bank. Open a separate account to dump your returns in.

Its the nice thing to do.

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

How to get pennies from the bank?

go to England

Draft saved Draft deleted