how rare are 3 north African $1 notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by BLACKTALON, Mar 6, 2012.

1. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

I picked these up years ago 3 not graded but almost perfect notes sequential serial numbers

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Can we see a scan of the front & back of one of them?

Dave

4. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

they are not super rare. having 3 consecutive notes is always nice. do you have pictures or at least the block and serial numbers. that can determine really what they can be worth

5. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

I am at college right now but as soon as I get home will do. what do you mean by "BLOCK"

6. urbanchemist

the letter before and after the serial is the block letter. that can help narrow down the value. some blocks are more rare than others and obviously more valuable

7. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

pictures

downsized_0312021643a.jpg downsized_0312021645.jpg downsized_0312021644.jpg

Sorry guys my digital cam is down. but the "Block is C and C"

8. ronterry

ronterry New Member

That's cool! Your not going to pay off your student loans, but you might be able to eat good for a week or two :thumb:
    Like above, they are not considered super rare or scarce, but they do fetch a premium in the higher grades.
    The prices go up exponentially into the Gem Unc. Certainly would be worth the effort to get them graded, and maybe labeled consecutively. (I think it's called bookends on the label?)
    Thanks for sharing!

9. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Those are nice looking notes!

10. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

thanks they are the prize of my collection. How do I find out the number of notes printed

11. urbanchemist

there were 2,000,000 of those particular notes printed. so there are quite a few available.

12. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

thank you lol guess they are not as rare as I thought

13. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

But they still have some value. I dont know off the top of my head but atleast $20 each.

14. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

is that a joke? or serious cuz if so I got screwed over as a teen lol

15. urbanchemist

no they are worth a lot more than that. i would get them graded. problem is the market is really soft right now. might want to hold onto them for a while till things rebound

16. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

I will not be geting rid of them any time soon but I payed 400 bucks 7 years ago. I would really like to find a 4th note connecting to them but I haven been looking lol

17. vdbpenny1995

Well thats why I said at least since I couldn't remember. When he said "well then I guess there not as rare as I thought, I didn't want him to assume there like silver cerificates not worth more than $5 each and even if that seems like common sense to us, it might not to new collectors. There more around $115 each.

18. urbanchemist

actually in that condition they book at least $200-225. now i dont see them going for that much if he "was" to sell them now.

19. vdbpenny1995

But when you see book prices to actually selling prices, it can be quite different.

20. urbanchemist

absolutely. thats why i said i dont see him getting that if he sold them right now

Draft saved Draft deleted