How or why does EBay allow the sale of items they know for a fact the dealer doesn't have?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hommer, Sep 2, 2015.

1. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Those big companies are ensuring just that though. MCM, Provident, WonderCoin, and all the others are buying these up, so why would the Mint change and hurt such a large customer base? These are the ones buying up these modern products. IN fact the collectors will only buy so many and it is these dealers who buy the extras so that they can sell them down the road.

And as a collector, i will especially buy items I have no interest in to make a profit and dump back into my collection, thats just being smart and a prudent business person. Everyone has the same chance, you just have to put in the effort.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

The simplest solution is to have an order window for a month and then send em out. Why couldnt they have taken orders right now for the Kennedy's so that when they are 'released' they know exactly how many to make? That way there isnt this bottle neck, everyone who wants one has a 30 day window to get the order in, and the collectors who flip can still do that too to a degree if there are HH limits.

4. leaconcen

leaconcen learning constantly

They need to have a subscription as they do with the sets. A few months ago, I saw that they had placed the First Spouse bronze set on subscription. I jumped on that because they sold out in less than a month last year. Any item that they expect demand for should have something similar. That way the mint does not have to guess what the demand will be. The collectors would appreciate this.

green18 likes this.
  5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

But all those people MCM and Silvertowne et al have placing orders in order to get extra sets for them would also have that one chance per account. So the big dealer and all their drones would STILL be given the opportunity to buy the coins/sets before the regular collectors.

Draft saved Draft deleted