How much woulud you pay for ragged out $500?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by ace ventura, Sep 22, 2020.

1. ace ventura

ace ventura New Member

The title says it all. how much would, how much are people paying these days for examples in this condition. Also can anyone make out the writing on the back the bill?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not much over face value. The bill has a teller's stamp on the obverse and writing on the reverse. Not to mention the wear, folds, etc.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. ChristopherCollectsCoin

ChristopherCollectsCoin Active Member

I agree with little over face

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

In the old days you couldn't even get $550 for it. I don't like the tape, I can't tell if it is still on there, or that's just a tape tan line. But these days there is a premium for
    these notes in any condition. And while it is not worth it, and a dealer or real collector won't pay that price, I have no doubt some moron on EBay would pay almost $600 for it. For me personally, if I was in the market, no higher than $525.
    While it is still worth face value ($500) most places will not accept it, since none of these geniuses have ever seen anything over $100.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

i went to look at ebay for $500 bill, just to see.... I find this.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-CASH-5...761274?hash=item2ae6ad923a:g:760AAOSwl7pem2R0

Apparently this guy is selling 5, normal $100 bills for $589.95, has a bunch of watchers, and says he's sold 30, with 10 more available, and you can finance it for $50 a month/12 months, with Paypal credit.

So basically, he's loaning $500, for an immediate return of $589.95, a near $90 profit, and Paypal gets to finance it for $12 months, to make $10.00 in their financing of it.

Wow, Mind blown....[​IMG].

I am never researching things I don't know about again, the rabbit hole is too deep!

Evan Saltis and paddyman98 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted