How much time . . .

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by David Post, Mar 9, 2019.

1. David Post

David Post Good times

How much time does everyone spend on trying to make out these types of coins you find in rolls? Is this an eastern thing? Do the rolled coins out west contain this kind of contamination?

crap 1.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If I searched pennies, which I don't any more, I would spend no more than 1/10th of a second on each one.

Chris

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Zincolns, man. Might as well get used to it. Every cent minted with this stupid composition is a ticking time bomb. One little nick through the copper shell, and unless you store it in a vacuum, it'll turn into just the sort of masterpiece in that photo.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

No time at all if they look like that. Not confined to any area as all Zinc Cents end up looking like this in a very short time.

6. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I'd say this would be more common in the east than in the west due to generally higher levels of humidity and a greater propensity for houses to get flooded from storms.

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

In not a roll hunter, but IMO, your first sort should be for obvious damage. Then push them to the side and don't waste any more time on them. Even if one of those has a significant error, the damage will make them worth very little. And the usual minor errors like filled dies, chips or the micro DDs arent worth anything over face value

Draft saved Draft deleted