How much is this worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cpm9ball, Nov 27, 2016.

?

What?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2017.
  1. Of course

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. What did you say

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Do i have to repeat myself

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

There is someone missing from this thread... Did @Markus1959 get a timeout?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

"Of coarse"... and is especially funny when they turn around and prove themselves to be just that.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It must have been above his pay grade.

Chris

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

or below his pay grade

6. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

To be fair to newbies they are often ignorant of coins and the minting process and it's usually curiosity that brings them here, which is a good thing. Now I know that some of the threads seem very trollish and probably are but gotta take the good with the bad. I think sometimes it's pretty off putting the way threads are responded to by those with knowledge; versus those without who post here seeking advice. Whether or not they then listen to that advice plays a large role however but becoming defensive is human nature and no one wants their 'windfall' to end up being nothing.

When I first joined here I had very vague knowledge coins as I had a coin collection and went metal detecting with my father as a kid but never really took a vested interest in the hobby. I believe I first posted here seeking to confirm if a nickel found in circulation was a proof coin. Although to those with knowledge many of the new poster threads here can be head scratchers. I think largely because people often forget a time when they may have been just as ignorant, I know I was. Although tedious it's akin to searching pocket change, you may have to sift through hundreds if not thousands of coins before finding that diamond in the rough.

7. cpm9ball

Nah! Above his pay grade. We live about 1,000 miles apart.:)

Chris

8. cpm9ball

When I started this thread, it was intended to be a spoof on some of the most ridiculous parts of inquiries, not just because they were questions posted by newbies.

Someone posts a coin with severe road rash and wants to know how this could happen at the Mint. This is just one instance where common sense should come into play.

Don't blame it on the camera! How can a camera take photos by itself?

Without decent photos how can anyone expect to provide an estimate? Again, a little common sense goes a long way.

How many times have we found run-on sentences with no punctuation whatsoever? Yeah! The poster only has two thumbs to use while texting and we should be expected to take this into consideration. Right!

Oh, and finally, do I need to add the fact that so many polls are added that make absolutely no sense at all?

To be completely honest, I was surprised this thread lasted for 4 pages.

Chris

charlietig, paddyman98 and Golden age like this.
  9. Clawcoins

I just found these in change
    They're really shiny
    Are they proofs?
    Should I have them graded?
    How much are they worth
    IMG_8884.JPG
    :)

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes the picture is proof that you found them.. but you need to show the Reverse side also! :wacky:

Rick Stachowski and Sheila Ruley like this.
  11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

THEY ARE!
    I have noticed a pattern. Every once in a while a "New Member" That happens to be "Female" posts a weird Quarter question with exactly 2 thumbnail pictures and no introductions!. Sometimes with a pretty face as an avatar.

12. Clawcoins

Yes of course
    The backside on one is really weird. The reverse looks like it was stamped larger than the front side and really has a much different, more golden color to it.
    Must be a mint error
    IMG_8886.JPG

13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Go check the forums. These types of threads -- for real -- are popping up with great regularity.

14. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me.... certainly wouldn't be the first time.

15. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I just spit my water out laughing

Clawcoins likes this.
  16. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

But not on any coins or anything.

17. Sheila Ruley

Sheila Ruley The short blonde girl

:happy:If you know anything about coins, for example, the 1955 doubled die, you can find plenty of them on FleaBay. Makes me laugh as well as feel sorry for unsuspecting buyers. You know it's a dead giveaway that their coin is fake when you read DOUBLE DIE instead of DOUBLED DIE. Aside from the fact that most are not slabbed at all or by some unheard of companies. As the prices varies so much from the authentic ones. Shake my head and smile. It's called do some research before selling or buying. Venting over!! Thank you for listening! Have a great day!:headphone:

paddyman98 likes this.
  18. Clawcoins

Speaking of 1955s here's a funny thread to read ==> https://www.cointalk.com/threads/coin-laws-what-are-the-rules-on-discovering-coins.286425/

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  19. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

paddyman98 likes this.
  20. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

Welcome to C.T. Unfortunately, all are common mint errors, only worth face value, but keep hunting.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  21. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Lets heat this thread up a little bit . One of the talks at the fun show over the weekend was " Do You Consider The Big Ones For The Lincolns, 69-S, 55 And Even the 58, An Error Or Variety " .

Experts call it an " Error " ....

Draft saved Draft deleted