How much is this worth?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Backspacez, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Backspacez

Backspacez New Member

When I was in third grade, some kid's brother came back from fighting in Iraq and he came into our class and gave us a souvenir of a 25$ Iraqi Dinar note with Saddam Hussein on the note. I took a picture of both sides

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've done a bit of research actually. Wiki Answers says 500$ and then a guy on Yahoo Answers said like 5$ or something. I've loved this bill (besides the Saadam picture) a lot more than my country, United States bills. So much more detail to it. I wish the US had nicer notes like this.

Anyways, I was hoping an expert can drop some expertise on this. If it's worth nothing that I may as well hold onto it but if I can get some cash then I'll probably sell it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

4. Backspacez

Backspacez New Member

5. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

There is no way to know what the supply or demand will be like in 20 years, it could be worth nothing, or a lot of money, no one knows.

6. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Ditto. A lot of these notes were brought back with the intent to sell them as rare notes. I know that the most recent ones can be bought by the 10's of thousands for a few dollars. They show up at shows and flea markets all over North America for a buck or two.

The older ones (like yours) don't usually get much and there isn't that big a demand for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted