How much do you think this monster will close for?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mullah, Dec 7, 2019.

1. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Well... it closed at $391.

I think a fair price for this coin, based on Heritage sales, would have been in the $200 - $250 range. That is where toned 66s of this date have previously sold.

But, as I mentioned, this particular seller is very well known and very popular, especially on the PCGS forum. He has a very strong following, and his auctions routinely sell for a strong premium. I'm not terribly surprised by this result, although I certainly would not have paid it myself.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

This is an interesting coin as it sold for over $2,000 the first time around.
    The first photo from the second sale was not there initially and there was no mention of it being dull straight on. It appears that the buyer returned it and then the photo and description was changed to be more in line with what the coin looked like in reality.

First auction:
    0BBBF83D-68E9-4BA1-A932-C1E116D18CC6.jpeg 65D44ED2-B514-46B0-B673-27ED7492BD70.jpeg

Second try:
    BBA8ADBD-0E08-4D64-A34E-DEB9C0A52F06.jpeg
    373D694F-7728-4B47-B749-798FA4BB816B.jpeg

micbraun likes this.
  4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Wow, now that is interesting, D!

ddddd likes this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Member

I was watching it the first time around and thought it had potential (it looks like I wasn't the only one). The generous return policy must have made people feel safe enough to bid high the first time around. I wouldn't be surprised if this coin pops up again and resells for more than the ~$400 from the second auction.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'd kick that coin out of bed.........

Hoky77 likes this.
  7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I still don’t care it. Even with “its best foot forward” the center is still dull and uninteresting.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  8. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

It’s amazing what lighting and photo angles will do. The coin looked pretty good in the first auction photo. I can only imagine what the buyer though when he received the coin in hand. I wouldn’t buy the coin either way as I don’t do Morgans with or without toning.

Reed

9. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

Agreed!

Draft saved Draft deleted