How much do ebay coin lot sellers make per year?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ibuycoinsoffebay, Oct 16, 2017.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

African, or European?

CircCam, Stork, tommyc03 and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

look at all the coin said individual has posted, it all has the same hand writing on ALL 2x2's

4. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

he will delete by tomorrow, watch..

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Capture+_2017-10-17-04-59-10.png
    Answer.... A Lot! :hilarious:

6. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

you disturb me...

7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

and if they have a really go one eleven

Nathan401 likes this.
  8. Old Coin Dawg

Old Coin Dawg Active Member

You did not say what year Kennedy that you wanted. I collect Kennedy halves M.S. & proof, have many doubles, triples and more. Edited: B/S/T can only be communicated by PM , not in general post

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
  9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Where did this come from?

And yes, this is a coin forum centered around DISCUSSION. Part of said discussion is, well, actually discussing the different aspect of the hobby, and is something I suggest you learn to deal with.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Hit the edit button on the lower left. If it's not there, it means time has expired to edit your post.

In the future, I suggest you think about what you're writing before you pop off.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

You become a sponsor so that your edit capabilities do not expire as soon.

Rassi likes this.
  12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Have you ever thought about actually engaging those trying to help and/or answer your questions? Just a crazy thought, but you may get more out of your time here if you were to do the obvious...

tommyc03 likes this.
  14. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

While I understand why you feel that way about new sellers, but I have gotten about 4 - 1 oz silver eagles for $4 - $10, from low feedback sellers, heck I paid $4 for a 1 oz silver eagle (in littleton packaging) from a 11 feedback seller and just got it in a envelope with stamp (no tracking). While there are many scammers or people who try to trick users (ex. saying a coin is silver when in fact it is not) I have had alot of luck with new users. and if I don't end up getting the item I contact the seller or in worse case I open a dispute.

Meh then again keep disliking new sellers I will snatch up all the good deals.

And yes I checked if there fakes and have not gotten one fake coin yet.

15. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

I'm not saying ALL new Ebay sellers are scammers. I just said it's a red flag. People need to be extra careful with new sellers.
    But just to turn the table, if someone poorly list an item, and you stumble across it, say a $1000 coin with a 'Buy it Now' price of just a few dollars, do you have a moral obligation to inform that person that their coin is worth much more then they are asking??

16. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The new seller isn't a red flag for me, but a 4 figure coin listed for a few bucks certainly would be

tommyc03 likes this.
  17. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

TBH I think a situation like that is as rare as finding one of the original declaration of independence in a picture frame :)

Now the moral issue, if you do ever get a chance to pay a few bucks for a thousand dollar item (and lets say this is a legit offer) I really can't answer that since it never happened to me but they are selling for a price they thought seemed fare I mean you are in the right to buy it, what I would do though is donate some cash to a non for profit. Of course there would be people who tell the seller the item is worth much more.

But again, a few month's ago I bought a silver eagle for a few bucks on ebay, I had great convo with a seller and we were talking for a few days (long convo's nothing about the item lol) and then I got another eagle for a few bucks about 1 month ago which reminded me of the first seller and I knew she was tight on cash from the convo's I had with her - so I sent her $30 which she was very happy about.

Sorry if I went a bit off, what I am trying to say - there is no right answer and I guess if that one day happens to you, just do what you feel is right in your heart.

Gregg likes this.
  18. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

There have been a few times when some of my ebay searches pulled up something that I wasn't looking for because is was poorly listed (wrong title, bad description, etc.). However, I did know something about the item and sent an email to the seller informing them of their mistake and would give them some recommendations on a proper listing title and/or description plus an approximate value.
    I know, silly me. But I believe that you do unto others, giver's gain, you reap what you sow, what goes around comes around, etc., etc., etc.

19. evca

evca Member

Just out of interest, what is your process for checking your coins?

20. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

I have bought obvious error prices in which I still bought the item, I then contact the seller and told them I figured it was a error (they meant auction but listed it as buy it now) and they can cancel, it is VERY rare but sometimes they mail me back and say they appreciate the message but they will honor the price and send the item (which they have)

Your last statement I do 100% believe is karma, I believe it because it has happen to me multiple times but I would have to write a book and I rather not lol.

It is up to you on what you decide to do, I will give you another example. I bought 100 40% half dollars for $10, I knew the seller was going to cancel it but I still bought it. he canceled and I got a refund - I thought that was the end of it. 2 weeks later I get a package (which was thrown outside in a bush my neighbor found it) in which had 10 silver 40% half dollars (I did not buy it so I looked who sent it and in fact was the seller who canceled that transaction, I sent a nice thank you message and that made my day)

Sundance79 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted