How much do ebay coin lot sellers make per year?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ibuycoinsoffebay, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Like jeffscoins and mikesmoneymarket all the big coin lot sellers that are scams

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And your point is what?

4. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Not trying to be sarcastic, but how in the world would anyone be able to tell you how much anyone made without access to their records?

Galen59 and Endeavor like this.
  6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I think this is the first question you have asked for which the answer is not readily available on the internet.

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Perhaps someone is thinking of a new "career"? Considering all the unnecessary questions, and the utter lack of reasonable interaction beyond them, this would explain things...

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

9. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

You're supposed to guess bro. Saints scored 52 points yesterday so I will guess $52k.

10. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Accusing them as scammers without any hard evidence can lead you into trouble. Just because you are posting on the forum does not mean that you can post anything you feel like without consequences. There have been lawsuits and it can get costly.

I would highly recommend you watch your wording and edit this post immediately.

11. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

If only to avoid Peter getting hassled to redact the post. That would prevent CT from any liability, but it doesn't exactly endear the original poster to be causing cease-and-desist orders. :D

12. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

This much.
    [​IMG]

tommyc03, Gregg, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  13. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

I think that who and who isn't a scammer is in the eye of the beholder. Yes that are items for sale on eBay that turn out to be not as they were presented. But virtually 100 percent of the coins for sale have photos. I'd say about 90 percent of those are pretty good photos. Plus - I haven't heard any reports of anyone being force to make a purchase on Ebay. The feedback is there for a purpose. Some coin sellers have hundreds, if not thousand, of feedback with at or near 100 satisfaction.
    If in doubt - don't buy. If a deal seems to good to be true - don't buy. If the seller is new - don't buy. Buy only main line certified coins (from the big 4). Which is still not a sure thing - but at least it is certified.
    I think the biggest red flag is a new seller with very few reviews. I've seen a couple of 'deals' that looked good until I saw the seller was new.
    And unless you work for the IRS you never know how much any of them make.

14. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You make a number of excellent points, however...

First, feedback does not take the knowledge of the buyer into consideration, and therefore is not an ideal identifier of a good or bad seller. As evidence, simply consider the fact that some of the biggest dreck peddlers on eBay also just happen to have excellent feedback. In addition, there have been excellent small time sellers who have had their ratings ruined by buyer pettiness and/or stupidity, and there are a number of past threads on this very forum that can attest to this fact. Unfortunately, there simply is no across-the-board reliable solve-all when dealing with/on eBay.

As for your issue with new sellers, you do realize that each and every seller on eBay was new at one time, right? Also, if eBay still withholds funds from new sellers until the buyer is pleased, it could be reasonably argued that dealing with them, in fact, offers an added level of protection. If you would personally prefer to avoid them, that's your right, but being new to eBay in no way indicates one is new to coins (or any other area), or that they are automatically worthy of being deemed questionable. Oftentimes, simply reading between the lines can give a better feel of a seller (or buyer if the case may be) than relying on unknown others.

tommyc03 and rickmp like this.
  15. Old Coin Dawg

Old Coin Dawg Active Member

Can't we all just get along? This is a coin forum is it not? Lets talk coins and enjoy ourselves. OLD COIN DAWG has barked!!!!!!

16. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

woof! woof!

17. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

BookB4coins
    You agree on your point. Scammer will often setup new account and scam away until their feedback is so bad nobody will buy from them. And I was once a new buyer/seller in Ebay and not all new sellers are scammers. It's just a red flag and to use caution.
    There is nothing like dealing face to face and holding a coin in your hand before you decide to buy a coin.
    I'm in the market for a Kennedy half for my type set. I want a PCGS MS67. I will not buy it off Ebay because I want to look at the strike before I buy. Nothing will replace me holding it and looking at it, plain and simple. And while I want it slabbed, I'm still buying the coin, not the plastic.
    Scammers exist because honest person like to think everyone is as honest as they are. I so wish that were true - but it isn't. Enough with scammers. It's depressing to think they are able to get away with what they get away with.

18. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Tree-fitty.

CoinCorgi and baseball21 like this.
  19. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Is this a business model you are interested in pursuing?

20. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Do any of you remember "Profit man".........

dwhiz likes this.
  21. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

this is low rent............. come on we can do better.

Draft saved Draft deleted